close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

$100.00

Discussion in 'General Off Topic' started by frodo, May 9, 2016.

1. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Yes please...........Oh wait you was talking about watching a video not giving away money.

I'm a Rebel likes this.
  2. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Yeah, maybe that wasn't set up. Kum by yah and all that. I just have a hardened heart cause I have been used and abused sooooo many times. I personally have heard so many sob stories it would make your head spin. I wish my heart had not been hardened!!

3. i was surprised, i figure when he went in the likker store it was thunder bird time

I used to give my lunch away regular when i worked in austin tx
    at the red lights.
    but i do not give out money.

4. watch the video again, when josh runs up.
    and homeless talks, he is wearing a mic, he is to far away from josh
    to be heard with out one

its fake

BasMstr, I'm a Rebel, mascott and 3 others like this.
  5. para40

para40 Sr. Curmudgeon MSGO Supporter

Lamar Co.
    Scott, I asked my Dad about that, many years ago.
    He said he gave with good intent, how they received it was on them.

I, don't give cash, but I will buy a meal.

CajunBP, BasMstr, senilking and 7 others like this.
  6. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I owned a business and sometimes would hire down on their luck men. I have NEVER got anywhere near my moneys worth. I would pay them the same as I did everyone. BUT! Shame on them toooo many times. STUPID ME tooo many times.

7. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

You are a good man Mascot, and you'll be Judged in Heaven on your good deeds. Although they may not have held their end up so good you certainly did, good on you.

8. MrGoodtime

MrGoodtime Distinguished Poster

Offered to buy a guy standing at the corner of wmart some food, he said I want money, so when I came back out I gave his dog a hamburger ( watched him eat it ) , 2 cans of dog food, and 2 bottles of water, dude got real pizzed.

94LEVERFAN, BasMstr, phillipd and 5 others like this.

9. I saw a guy at a red light every day, when i pulled up to him and handed him my lunch
    you could tell he was pissed off , either wanted steak or money.
    The next day, we had just left Mikey D, drive thru, I ate my breakfast
    put all the trash in the bag,
    handed it to him as the light changed

BasMstr, mascott, MrGoodtime and 5 others like this.
  10. melmerf

melmerf Distinguished Poster

There's some in the jail that will trade their lunch for cigarettes.

11. Oldbuzzard

Oldbuzzard Distinguished Poster

I needed some workers for menial labor once and I stopped at a corner always a panhandler there, i offered him $10.00 hour 8 hours work. He laughed at me and said he was not looking for work he made more in an hour than I was paying for a day.

12. CajunBP

CajunBP Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I always look at the shoes and the haircut. We give to charities, so I mostly direct them to those places but will occasionally buy or give cash when led to do so.

13. Southern Reloading

Southern Reloading Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Well guys I am on the Board of Feed My Sheep in Gulfport. We are the only soup kitchen in town. We serve right at 800 meals a day five days a week. All of our funds are raised with no government support. We really don't want it as then they want to tell you what to do.
    all that to say and agree that my heart is very hard usually. BUT!! When you see a man or woman or both come in hungry and all but kiss your feet because you are giving them a meal it touches that hard heart. I guarantee it softens, You usually can spot the difference right off. And yes we have them come up in a Lexus and draped with a ton of bling and walk through the line. I want to---well you know what I was saying! However we have a don't ask policy. They will stand before our Lord one day so he can ask them.
    So my stance is use your heart and go with what it tells you. The Lord knows and sees all.

CajunBP, mascott, para40 and 3 others like this.
  14. gutdoc

gutdoc Distinguished Poster

Paid for by Sanders for POTUS. If you can't afford to donate, never fear, we will just take it and redistribute as we see fit.