Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend has two 1873 Springfield Trapdoor rifles that will probably be for sale soon and he is trying to determine information and values for them. He has been conducting a good deal of internet research.

Do any of you good MSGO guys consider yourselves or know of someone who is very knowledgeable on the Trapdoors? If so, could you PM me contact info, phone or email that I could pass along to him?

Thanks,
Rick

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
If he doesn’t see this, you might want to consider a PM to 22LRFAN. He has a trapdoor, fun to shoot for sure.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If he doesn’t see this, you might want to consider a PM to 22LRFAN. He has a trapdoor, fun to shoot for sure.
Thanks. I also searched the forum late last night and see that Doug Bowser has had posts about Trapdoors in the past. I'll PM both of them.

·
Premium Member
13,651 Posts
I've got three trapdoors that I picked up at pawn shops 10-15 years ago. They are fun to shoot but I definitely don't consider myself an expert on them. For details about them and current value Doug would be the one to ask.

·
Super Moderator
8,328 Posts
The last one I saw for sale at a pawn shop was at Bayou Gunslingers, in Denham Springs, LA, this past March. He was asking $1220, but I don't know if, or for how much he ended up selling it for. I checked his Facebook page, and he still had the photo on there, so here it is.
trapdoor bgs mar18.jpg

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
I've been hankering for one for several years since getting the chance to shoot Marty's. But I haven't invested the time required to learn what to buy (or not) and appropriate value. I suspect that education will run into the dozens of hours, if not many, many more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts