1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Chief cook and bottle washer
4,373 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous! Reminds me of Quigley down under

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Keith you just teasing or you going to be selling?

Reactions: kwade942

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More info please.....

Caliber, etc.
32” .45-70 Taylor’s & Co made by Chiappa Firearms
Keith you just teasing or you going to be selling?
this is the gun gallery page, waited a long time for this rifle. Not for sale. I wanted to share with you guys from a day gone by

·
μολὼν λαβέ
38,417 Posts
Really nice one there.

Reactions: kwade942

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Like it better than the Hi-Wall you had? How does it shoot in comparison?
I’ve owned both
The modern Winchester Highwalls are set-up mainly to mount scopes. Don’t get me wrong, extremely beautiful, smooth actions, as accurate but loose something. The quality wood to metal, attention to detail is great. Like a Ruger No 1, modern. With all that going for it, I got mine in a trade, NIB but after a while I ended up selling it with no regrets, I made $.
I had someone buy my first Sharps out from under me, 28” plainer version with every intention of upgrading and rued the day I sold it.
I’ve yet to take it too the range, almost too pretty to shoot, ALMOST!
I still have loaded ammo from my first rifle.
On negative about a Sharp’s, it heats up after 10 or more rounds and there is not enough wood on the forearm to insulate the heat from your hands, leather gloves are needed. The forearm on a Highwall is more substantial, not much but enough to make a difference

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
I’ve owned both
The modern Winchester Highwalls are set-up mainly to mount scopes. Don’t get me wrong, extremely beautiful, smooth actions, as accurate but loose something. The quality wood to metal, attention to detail is great. Like a Ruger No 1, modern. With all that going for it, I got mine in a trade, NIB but after a while I ended up selling it with no regrets, I made $.
I had someone buy my first Sharps out from under me, 28” plainer version with every intention of upgrading and rued the day I sold it.
I’ve yet to take it too the range, almost too pretty to shoot, ALMOST!
I still have loaded ammo from my first rifle.
On negative about a Sharp’s, it heats up after 10 or more rounds and there is not enough wood on the forearm to insulate the heat from your hands, leather gloves are needed. The forearm on a Highwall is more substantial, not much but enough to make a difference
Yeah you offered me that Hi-Wall and I regret not buying it. I did get one a couple of years later though and still have it. I LOVE shooting it and on the range trips I take it on I end up shooting it till my shoulder is black N blue. Even then it brings a grin to my face.

I've thought about a Sharps several times; that is why I asked.

·
Seeker of wisdom & Purveyor of the truth!
690 Posts
Thanks for the share, now I am going to have to keep telling myself why I dont need it. LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts