Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
μολὼν λαβέ
41,297 Posts
I'd definitely try it if it wasn't as expensive as they are, close to 1400-1600 if I remember right. I don't care for double stack 1911's but if I was going to have one, one that took glock mags would be a plus.

Reactions: rc and Keenan

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
If you use a Glock mag you get 10 +1. You have to use a AF mag to get 15+1.
Standard 9mm 1911 is 9 +1. Not sure what the big deal is.
I will say it seems fairly well made but I think it is way over priced for what it is.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
41,297 Posts
If you use a Glock mag you get 10 +1. You have to use a AF mag to get 15+1.
Standard 9mm 1911 is 9 +1. Not sure what the big deal is.
I will say it seems fairly well made but I think it is way over priced for what it is.
Its definitely over priced. Not sure what the capacity of these mags are .

The Alpha Foxtrot AF1911 S15 is a Compact 1911 with a 15 +1 Magazine capacity that takes Glock G43x, G48 and Shield Arms S15 Mags.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
41,297 Posts
Reactions: rc

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Yes 20 round with the AF mags. If the fact that it takes Glock mags is supposed to be it's claim to fame I just saying the only Glock mags it takes are 10 rounders. As far as taking 20 rounds of 9mm goes STI been doing more than that for years

·
μολὼν λαβέ
41,297 Posts
Yes 20 round with the AF mags. If the fact that it takes Glock mags is supposed to be it's claim to fame I just saying the only Glock mags it takes are 10 rounders. As far as taking 20 rounds of 9mm goes STI been doing more than that for years
Even with the Glock 10 rounder you can add a 5 round extension giving you 15 rounds.

And I would bet it would take any of the high cap aftermarket 43X mags. That is significantly more rounds than 10 and isn't the flush AF 15 round.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
The big deal is that Glock mags are everywhere and 9mm 1911 magazines are not as available and often more expensive by far and large amounts. Having the ability to run the Shield Arms S15's, a flush fit 15 round Glock magazine made for the 43x/48 series is a big plus. Lots of people, myself included like 1911's as far as how they feel, shoot, etc, but want higher capacities without going to some bulky 2011 double stack gun. This allows you to have the slim frame of a single stack 1911 but giving you double stack potentials in the forms of their factory magazines and the Shield Arms magazines.

If you live in a state that restricts capacities, that's where the cheaper, more readily available factory 10 round Glock mags still beat out the 1911 magazines. As long as it works, it'll be successful to that crowd. But that's what I'd want to see/know before I'd ever consider buying.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
The big deal is that Glock mags are everywhere and 9mm 1911 magazines are not as available and often more expensive by far and large amounts. Having the ability to run the Shield Arms S15's, a flush fit 15 round Glock magazine made for the 43x/48 series is a big plus.
Sorry; flush fit 10 round Glock mags 15 round Glock mags do not fit unless you use a 5 round extension to the 10 round Glock mags; which at that point are NOT flush fit. As far as being cheaper; I've never paid more than $20 for 9mm 1911 mags. But even if you're not a shopper you can get them pretty readily for $25. I doubt there is any big savings to be had; especially if you use the AF mags (judging by the price of the gun, I doubt these will be a bargain)

Reactions: BasMstr

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Lots of people, myself included like 1911's as far as how they feel, shoot, etc, but want higher capacities without going to some bulky 2011 double stack gun. This allows you to have the slim frame of a single stack 1911 but giving you double stack potentials.....
Most modern 2011 grips are no wider than a 1911 with standard grip panels.
Little bit larger circumference, yes.... But not wider.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Sorry; flush fit 10 round Glock mags 15 round Glock mags do not fit unless you use a 5 round extension to the 10 round Glock mags; which at that point are NOT flush fit. As far as being cheaper; I've never paid more than $20 for 9mm 1911 mags. But even if you're not a shopper you can get them pretty readily for $25. I doubt there is any big savings to be had; especially if you use the AF mags (judging by the price of the gun, I doubt these will be a bargain)
Shield Arms S15's are for Glocks, they are flush fit.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
41,297 Posts
Yep you sure won't find reliable high capacity mags for the 1911. But you definately can for the Glock. ETS, MAgpul, Glock , Sheild arms hell of allot better choices for mags. You can catch a few 1911 9mm mags for under $20 but very few and they still run close to $18 a mag. Allot higher than the glock style mags.

I get it you're a purist and don't want to change the beloved 1911. I'm not, If it works it works.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
41,297 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts