close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1935 mosin hex head

Discussion in 'Mil-Surp/C&R/Black Powder' started by Darrell coleman, May 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Darrell coleman

Darrell coleman Distinguished Poster

What can yall tell me about this gun.
    from what i found out it is a 1935 mosin with hex head and all matching number.
    Think it was made in the tula factory. think it is soviet.
    what price would you put on it? I got this in trade does not have the cleaning rod.... bore looks good. shoots good. mosin.jpg mosin.jpg mosin1.jpg mosin2.jpg mosin3.jpg mosin4.jpg mosin5.jpg

2. Cavalier

Cavalier Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Does it have an SA in a box on left side of barrel ? The stock from the pictures looks Finnish or Spanish civil war or Very worn Russian. What numbers match ? butt plate, magazine, bolt, receiver? Need full length picture to see if it is a 1891 or a1891/30 ? See if it has an import stamp on barrel by front sight.

3. stewbaby

stewbaby Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Looks like a typical hex 91/30 in pre-war stock. Correct on Tula arsenal. Worth about $175 to $200. Could be more if it had rod and bayonet.

Darrell coleman likes this.
  4. Darrell coleman

it is 48 and a half inches long ues it has the sa on side. and yes all u mentioned match

5. Darrell coleman

have a guy that wants it for 230 dollars guess it is moving to a new home if he comes and gets it tonight

6. Cavalier

I thought it looked Finned, Should be a very good shooter let me know if your guy does not want it .
    The SA means the Finns had it.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  7. Darrell coleman

okay is suppose to pick up tonight

8. Darrell coleman

where can u find the info on the marks lke the sa and does that make it more valuable? is 230 a good deal?

9. Cavalier

I would haft to inspect rifle to know true value of rifle pictures are very grainy. Info can be found here: Mosin Nagant
    And here: 7.62x54r.net you will learn a lot.

10. Darrell coleman

ty for all of your help he picked it up for 230 dollars.

fordpkup likes this.
  11. Cavalier

Glad i could help.