Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this one up on Saturday at the Hattiesburg Gun Show. Came with a 1907 dated bayonet sans scabbard. It’s a mix master of parts with only the receiver and the rear sight appearing to match. Being a 1942 dated receiver and only being marked with a “B”, I’m inclined to think that this is a “dispersal” rifle manufactured by BSA. Of course, it could simply be someone’s recent attempt at putting one rifle together from a bin full of spare parts. Who can tell, really. But the bore was nice and shiny, the safety worked properly, all the bits and bobs seem to be there, and the price was $300 less than its nearest competitor. The butt stock is a little loose but a bit of shim stock should correct that issue. The upper handguard doesn’t match the rest of the wood and there’s no unit disk, stacking swivel or sling. I haven’t had the wood off yet so only the only markings I could photograph were those visible above the wood line. I’ll have Mr. Bowser headspace this rifle for me on Monday evening and then I’ll try to put a few rounds down range over the Thanksgiving Holiday. This is a CAI import.
Plant Terrestrial plant Wood Trunk Gas

· Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, after being inspected by Mr. Bowser I can say with confidence that she’s probably safe to shoot as she wouldn’t close on a Field Gauge. Unfortunately, the firing pin is broken off and needs replacing. I’ve ordered a pin, spring, and removal tool from Numrich, as well as an oiler and a few chargers. Should be here next week.

· Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Replacement firing pin and spring came in today. Won’t Thread into cocking piece. I attribute this to the likely fact that the new pin is threaded for the old style round cocking piece and my rifle came equipped with the new style flat cocking piece. Have ordered an old style one to test this theory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts