close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1985 Ford Ad

Discussion in 'General Off Topic' started by sand_man, May 6, 2016.

1. rebel4ever

rebel4ever I'll Play Dixie If I Want To MSGO Supporter

That chevy is still on the road, and the ford, well, it's probably a rusty beam in a building in beijing.

2. sand_man

sand_man Grouchy Old Fart MSGO Supporter

I guess when you can't do much but run the road a few miles a day it's hard to wear it out huh???

;):lol4:

3. rebel4ever

rebel4ever I'll Play Dixie If I Want To MSGO Supporter

hehehe.....mine runs fine, just fine......no, really, when I started work from the company I retired from, I drove a Dodge for a few years, they were terrible, then many years in different chevy's, and the last 15 years in a few fords. The fords really liked the gas pump, and after a few years they would start running like crap, the ck engine light would come on and it would take a $1200.00 tune up to get it back on the road. I have personally owned chevrolets(trucks) since 1979 and never had one in the shop, until the one I have now, it's a 2015 and there is some problem with the drivers side electric seat. It's all about what you like. I think second hand chevys sell quicker and for a higher price.

4. sand_man

sand_man Grouchy Old Fart MSGO Supporter

I've owned vehicles from all of them. Right now 2 Fords sit in the drive. If I need a vehicle and a Chevy fit the need I'd buy it. I'm not brand snobbish.

5. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I've had trouble with them all, except my 2001 ford f350 7.3 diesel. And it gave me a little trouble after 14 years and over 200,000 miles. Wait, I have a 1990 Toyota truck with 336,000 miles with only maintenance and new clutch. Got an 05 Dodge with Cummins still going strong but only 50,000 miles, so we'll see.

6. Oldbuzzard

Oldbuzzard Distinguished Poster

I bought a 1992 F250 used in 1996 for $2500.00 cash and drove it 273,000 miles then in 2013 I sold it for $2500.00 cash.

7. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

Sum Gy Custom Firearms Distinguished Poster

Bought a 1969 power wagon at an auto auction for 600 bucks put 90K on it replaced the motor with a 125 dollar junk yard replacement and a new clutch put another 149k on it and sold it for 2500 cash :( Wish I had never sold it!

CajunBP and fordpkup like this.