Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
16,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning at the match was so perfect..... it was HOT. Mid February and I was SWEATING and got a light SUNBURN..... And NO wind. Maybe a slight puff now and then..............

I am betting Richard still has a BIG smile on his face..... Not only did he WIN the match, he got a 100 TARGET. Something I am still chasing...................................... :)

12 people signed up, but only us "Mighty 8" shot the match. Shoe almost missed the bus............ :)

DMC49 and A. Suber were first time 22RF F-Class shooters today. WELCOME ! ! ! There were a few "buzzards" circling (watching) the match today. I think they will soon land and give this shooting a try...................

The rifles on the line.

The targets at 100 yards.

My custom Ruger 10/22 with Green Mountain barrel and Hogue stock and cheap-a$$ bipod. My 10/22 does have a NICE trigger job done to the original trigger.

Scoring the targets.

And............................................

Richard's 100 Target today. CONGRATS ! ! ! suberjc also shot a 100 target today, but that is getting common from him..... :)

Magnolia's 22RF F-Class season gets started in late March. Time to fix up your 22 rifle, get it zeroed at 100yds, do a little practice...... and come shoot with us.

· Registered
246 Posts
man ya ll are making me sick ha ha all i could think about when i woke up this morning on this darn drilling rig was that while i am out here working ya ll are at the rang shooting ha ha congrats to ya ll and to the one who won hope to see ya ll soon and thanks subgunfan for bringing this topic to my attention enjoyed the pics.

· Registered
5,000 Posts
A beautiful day...lots of fun. Savages ruled today. SGF you need to keep shooting that Ruger...leave the Remmy at home :)

· Registered
5,000 Posts
My experience with "sighter" rounds: The use of "unlimited" sighters was a benefit Saturday. With a cold, clean barrel my Kimber was really wild for the first 5 - 10 rounds. I used 15 sighters on the first string. On both the second and third string, the first shot was about 5" wide, then it settled in. Only fired 5 on those two strings. Just a heads up, your results may vary.

· Premium Member
21,635 Posts
There are no ammo restrictions except it must be .22LR. Bring what shoots best in your rifle. As you can see from the previous match results, most are using a standard velocity round; however, your resutls may vary!!

· Registered
5,000 Posts
SubGunFan said:
Shoe, didn't you read Captain's comments about NEVER clean a 22 target rifle barrel.............. :)

I've read that elsewhere as well. It wasn't really CLEAN, I had only run a dry patch through it a couple of times, but it wasn't very nasty either...maybe by the end of Summer it will be. We'll see how it shoots then.

· Premium Member
21,635 Posts
Some good practice on Saturday except I did not shoot worth a darn ... I know I pulled 3 shots but how in the heck did all those others stray so far away from center?

Shoe - maybe I need to clean my rifle!!!!!! :lol:

· Registered
1,918 Posts
shoeshooter said:
My experience with "sighter" rounds: The use of "unlimited" sighters was a benefit Saturday. With a cold, clean barrel my Kimber was really wild for the first 5 - 10 rounds. I used 15 sighters on the first string. On both the second and third string, the first shot was about 5" wide, then it settled in. Only fired 5 on those two strings. Just a heads up, your results may vary.
Unlimited sighters = Good thing. I agree.

· Nocturnal Specialties
7,489 Posts
only time i "clean" mine is when the empty cases get stuck in the chamber.. run the bore snake thru it once and im good for another 500rds. it only takes about 30 rounds to get the barrel seasoned again. I did some 200yds shooting Saturday since i didnt wake up till 9am.. :)

· Premium Member
21,635 Posts
About Cleaning -- as I was firing the last 20 rounds for score during the practice match, it was getting harder and harder to extract the spent rounds from my rifle - actually had to hit the bolt a couple time ... guess I will have to clean the chamber a little prior to shooting it again --

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.