Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the second of two rigs from a charity that I offered work for in a local auction. Proceeds went to the family of a local Iraq vet on hard times with large medical bills as mentioned in the other thread. This was offered as a 'wild' rig.

Originally slated as an arrowhead basket weave when he showed me the guns that went with it I changed it to a geo stamp I was just learning. Believe I couldn't do any better with the current stamps in my arsenal - think it's time to upgrade. The main belt body is 10oz lined with 4 oz, a lined billet, and 8 oz chape. The holster body's are all 8 oz lined with 4 oz with a slight forward cant and matching retention strap.

I've said this before but as of this point, this is my best work.

·
Premium Member
13,187 Posts
WOW!!! I can't begin to imagine the difficulty in getting all those stamps just right.

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
WOW!!  Such an eye and talent for detail!!  GREAT work!!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I can't begin to imagine how many man hours went into this amazingly detailed rig.
This is some seriously strong work, Rob.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
22lrfan said:
WOW!!!  I can't begin to imagine the difficulty in getting all those stamps just right.
Thanks Marty! Unlike a standard basket weave this one kind of centers off the last stamp. Watching multiple angles gets challenging though!

dhollis51 said:
WOW!  Great work
Thanks Drew!

Joe S. said:
Thanks Joe :)

onenineoneone said:
Rob, that is some excellent work.
Thank you! This is my new 'bar.'

captain-03 said:
WOW!!  Such an eye and talent for detail!!  GREAT work!!
Thank you Captain! I was very very happy with how it all came together.

deepsouth said:
I can't begin to imagine how many man hours went into this amazingly detailed rig.
This is some seriously strong work, Rob.
Thank you Chad! These two were the most fun I've had with leather in a long time, I have more time in playing with holster & pouch designs that I do in actual construction. The pink one was also a bit of a 'dry run' to look for any problems that might pop up with this one.

This one was the next level. Until the next, next level, comes along. Sure is gratifying getting better results  :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts