Mississippi Gun Owners banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
second to last is that a belt or dog collar? looks good that's for sure. I like the key chains well the ones on each end at least. the two in the middle are just plain UGLY.....
That's a dog collar, it would translate nicely into a 1.25" belt though. I'm wanting to have a die made for that key fob pattern to help with using up my scrap leather around the shop.

I like the dog harness. That looks great.
Thanks Bubba. I'd been wanting to make one of those since I first got started and took one rainy Saturday for that project. Would like to eventually make some saddle bags that tie end with a waist strap so she can tote some stuff with her when we are out walking the property.

The abundance of craftsmen and artisans in Mississippi never ceases to amaze me
We are fortunate to have a lot of talented folks on this board!

Awesome work. Are you still working a full time job and doing the leather? What kind of sewing machine do you have? I have been looking for one. I can't find a good walking foot, heavy duty for under 1500 dollars.
It's easy to see the love of your art in your work.
Leather is only a side job/hobby work. It is a lot of fun but I'm too much of a perfectionist to make a living at it and it would be really hard to replace a steady check. I use a Cobra Class 4P. Had a tippmann boss which taught me how much a pain a 'budget' machine can be, and why I should just pony up while I'm spending money. Welcome to come use mine if you'd like to try it. With your budget your almost to a low tier Cowboy which is also a Juki clone. Main difference between it and mine is the servo. If I were buying a machine today it would be the new King Cobra but that wasn't available when I got mine.

Man was I rambling. You do that in the presents of great ones.:lol6:
Bubbat retired from being a mod, so you don't have to call him a great one anymore :)

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Here's some fun stuff to look at, Caiman rig posted in the other thread:

2.5" K-frame Shield:

2" K-frame Latke:

6" K-frame Shield:

And a pair of pocket pro's:

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Some nicer orders finished and shipped over the weekend. The last one is a newer design for field use that does a great job keeping the rear sight out of your forearm.

·
12,186 Posts
Very nice. I like the last one, looks like it had a lot of thought on design.
I may just go to the bank and get the money for a sewing machine. I could see a Cowboy for a repair or something like that, but not for regular use. I watched the video on your model on U tube. Leaning that way. Too much difference in money moving up to a 5.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Very nice. I like the last one, looks like it had a lot of thought on design.
I may just go to the bank and get the money for a sewing machine. I could see a Cowboy for a repair or something like that, but not for regular use. I watched the video on your model on U tube. Leaning that way. Too much difference in money moving up to a 5.
Thank you sir! They make a "king cobra" now that I would buy if I had the choice, deeper next and better servo. Buy once cry once. Still welcome to come try mine before you buy.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Here is a single stitch 1.5" EDC with one of my new prototype IWB holsters for a Ruger LCRX:

An Avenger style holster for a 3" L-frame S&W:

My revised model Snap Jack for a Springfield XDs 4.0:

Customer requested 'low profile' card wallet and a key dangler:

And another J-frame IWB prototype on a reinforced 1.5" EDC DS, posing with the slim wallet.

These utilize directional 'pull the dot' snaps that will only break open in one direction for security and peace of mine. This one sports a veg tan lining for both holster and straps.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts