Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Since it's nearing the end of the year I figured I'd kind of show off what I've been able to find over the past year. Granted it isn't much but the stuff I did find was killer at least to me.
1. An all matching, mummed series 11 Nagoya type 99 arisaka in original condition
Hammer drill Vehicle Crane Machine
Musical instrument accessory

2. A no series Koshikawa type 38 arisaka that was captured on Guadalcanal on August 22, 1942
Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Hammer drill
Bmx bike Pipe Rim
Furniture Table Shotgun

3. An early type 38 arisaka trainer also captured on Guadalcanal by the same marine as the previous type 38
Vehicle Crane Automotive exterior Bumper Car

4. An all matching and mummed series 4 Nagoya type 99 arisaka with all the original accessories minus the sling
Rifle Gun Trigger Musical instrument Wood
Microphone Monocular Shotgun Metal

There's what I've been able to find traversing the local gun shows and such. Hope you guys like them and please feel free to post your finds from this year as well.

·
Premium Member
6,366 Posts
Very nice and interesting pieces, especially with the capture history!

Mine are more general milsurps. I’ve tended recently to go more with the ‘neutral’ countries as they are typically in better condition (typically didn’t go to war) and are usually great shooters.

M96 1916 Carl Gustaf Swedish Mauser with 1948 shooting competition award disc

Disc

M96 Swedeish Mauser made by Oberndorf Mauser in 1900 and SA market (used by Finland in WWII)

Swiss K31 1951 beech stock

M41b Swedish Mauser sniper on 1900 Oberndorf receiver

M91/30 1943 Izhevsk in laminate stock

M27 1933 Finnish Tikka

M1 Carbine Winchester (thanks Captain03)

M38 1942 Husqvarna Swedish Mauser

Swiss K31 1943 in walnut stock

French MAS 49/56 in 7.5x54

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
14,164 Posts
burb1989 and stewbaby... looks like ya'll both have enjoyed a great year of collecting mil-surps in 2017... which is just about to end in a few days, however!

:101010::101010:

Still time for one more... :)

·
Registered
11,460 Posts
burb1989 and stewbaby... looks like ya'll both have enjoyed a great year of collecting mil-surps in 2017... which is just about to end in a few days, however!

:101010::101010:

Still time for one more... :)
Sounds like you only got a few days to catch up, Cliff! :D

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I almost forgot. I know this isn't quite milsurpy but I did add this to my collection of named USMC uniforms and gear. Uniform named to a Korean War marine who was with the 1st Battalion of the 5th Marine Regiment and fought in the Battle for Outpost Vegas alongside the famous Sgt Reckless.
Clothing Outerwear Coat Sleeve Trench coat

Text Khaki Beige Font Textile

·
Premium Member
13,826 Posts
This has been a slow year for me in milsurps. Seems like I already had most of the ones I found. Ended up with three plus a "sort-of" milsurp:
1944 Springfield Garand
1943 Saginaw SG M1 Carbine
1944 US&S/Ithaca 1911
Polytech M14S (this one is sort-of a milsurp since I can't afford a M-14):(

Firearm Gun Rifle Trigger Air gun

·
Premium Member
13,826 Posts
Seems like all the foreign stuff I found were duplicates of ones I already had. I'll buy every wartime Garand/Carbine/1911 I find if the price is right and I can afford it. There's no way to have to many of those.:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts