Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's closing in on the end and this year's been fun as far as talking to other people at shows and finding some really cool items. This year brought to me what is without a doubt my rarest rifle and another different rifle I desperately wanted for my collection. So here's what I was able to get over the course of the year:
First is my Japanese Type I rifle, which was made in Italy for the Japanese Navy
image510.jpeg

Next is my unicorn, a 38 Type Nambu training rifle which to date is one of six known to exist
image489.jpeg
Next is a piece I really wanted for my collection and to fill a hole in one of my displays, a genuine Vietnam bring back SKS with the GI's name and unit carved into the stock
image516.jpeg

image522.jpeg

Finally I was able to acquire this at the last Biloxi Coliseum show, a bring back Japanese bayonet completely covered in preservative grease and in almost perfect condition (aside from the hole where the barrel would go through being bent). I got it from the son of the vet who served aboard the USS Frank Knox in Bull Halsey's fleet
image525.jpeg

image526.jpeg

Also thanks to the sheer amount of items in my Japanese side collection and the cramped conditions of the two tables I had my display on the last military show I've come to the realization that I need to rent an extra table next time for more room. Aside from that revelation and some display cleaning scenarios this year's been ok to me. Hope 2018's been great to everyone here as well.

·
Premium Member
6,287 Posts
Nice! Just shows how different we collectors are...you and your Japanese and me and my Swede/Swiss concentrations. Obviously your concentration (rifles and accessories) has true war experience (I’ve got a scattering of Russian, Finn, US, Brit and German for that at least)

Some of the highlights

A couple of Swede FSR rifles

Swedish M94/14 carbine

Russian capture K98k

Swedish M38 yr 1944 (less than 2,000 made)

Swedish M96 yr 1929 (only six know to exist from that year)

Argentine 1909 Mauser

·
Premium Member
13,651 Posts
2018 was a slow year for me with milsurps. Picked up a 1915 Colt New Service in .455 Eley with British military property marks, a 1943 Saginaw M1 Carbine and a 1942 Husqvarna M38.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I regret not getting a plum bolt k98

Got a Belgian short carbine witha weird 17 inch barrel length instead

1 - 6 of 6 Posts