Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
16,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my game cam set up yesterday to see what is dropping by my front yard. Busy place, I reckon on account of the blue plate special. ;) Time stamp is accurate.

Y'all know what the first pic is. About a 90yd shot from my shop door.

Not sure - a couple small pigs or '****? Might have to put up a sign.

Pretty sure it's a fox - seen it before during the day occasionally.

·
Registered
16,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From yesterday evening. Same little family. No pics of ****, possum or whatever from last night.

8 legged deer? Or bag one, get one free. :D

Little guy still has some spots.

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,348 Posts
I don,t have my cam set up yet. But my buddy has had bucks and does coming in.

Reactions: Mesquite

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
I'm hunting in LA tomorrow. 1st day of gun season. Hunted last weekend in primitive arms. Let's some does go by. Had a shot at a buck but wasn't quick enough switching shooting positions. Did get a small boar. Weather is looking perfect for a good day tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have some venison (AKA deer meat) tomorrow with hopefully a pig or two thrown in.

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
Pics Ed pics!! Or it didn't happen! I hunted yesterday an killed a 200 class 10 point!! See what I mean!!!!! Spoken from an OOOld curmudgeon, "us old folks like pictures cause we can't do it anymore"!!!

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts
Been sitting on a trail for a couple of weeks now. Does & little ones coming & going both ways morning & evenings. Figured it was a matter of time. This fellow showed up yesterday evening. This my second year fooling around during bow season. I said last year a crossbow is cheating because it is a bad a$$ piece of equipment. He was standing broad side at 40 yards when I sent the bolt. He never stood a chance. Deer steaks & gravy for dinner today.

20191026_192101_resized.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts
Fat one!
What you feeding those woods goats?

LOL. He was pretty hefty for a suburban buck. If your talking about that belly there around his man hood, that was blood pooling & where I found my bolt. I've taken three with the cross bow, first one that didn't pass through. He was quartering to me & in a hurry so I put it through his shoulder. He made about 50 yards before going down. I'm liking this here bow season thing. A month from now those two deer wouldn't be out in the day light. My set up.

20191001_071627_resized.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
LOL. He was pretty hefty for a suburban buck. If your talking about that belly there around his man hood, that was blood pooling & where I found my bolt. I've taken three with the cross bow, first one that didn't pass through. He was quartering to me & in a hurry so I put it through his shoulder. He made about 50 yards before going down. I'm liking this here bow season thing. A month from now those two deer wouldn't be out in the day light. My set up.

View attachment 176145
Looks like a wicked ridge crossbow?
I have the wicked ridge invader crossbow. Looks like the same one. Killed my first doe this year with it. Love bow season.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
IMG_1054_resized.jpg WGI_0012_resized.JPG

Grandson shot this funky-antlered dude this morning with his Contender 6.8. Second pic is the same deer in October, notice the growth on his right eye. He still had several smaller warts/tumors around his eyes and on his back today, but big one was gone. Meat was fine.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts