Mississippi Gun Owners banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,348 Posts
Well tomorrow is opening day of regular gun season here. I have my Ruger 308 ,Remington 25.06, and TC Pro Hunter 35 Whelen dialed in. Going tomorrow afternoon.
Still have a Ruger 7mm08 to install a new scope on and put a TC Contender together in 7mm Waters and dial in my S&W629s and DW 10mm. I will mostly stick with one rifle for a week or two and tote the handguns for shots under 50 yards. Looks like ya,ll been doing good. We have a herd of young bucks that I am going to check for culls and the coyotes that crank up every night.

Reactions: 94LEVERFAN

·
Registered
16,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I'm gonna have to wait a couple weeks. Wife filled up the freezer yesterday, so no place to put a deer unless I go buy another small freezer. I think she did that just to piss me off. ;):lol3:

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Gunny, I'm kind of in the same boat. I got a small buck during archery season and took 25lbs of meat to Deadhead's friend to get it made into snack sticks. Good stuff, but the way it comes back packed it takes up a lot of room in the freezer.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
There is no known connection with spread of CWD to deer processing. So far, there has also not been any known transfer to humans.

However, there are other pathogens that can be transmitted via poor processing techniques.

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,348 Posts
Your neighbor has not been spot lighting has he. I see a big hole in the bucks jaw. Huge buck. Bet he will go over 200 pounds.

Reactions: RDRJR and Mesquite

·
Registered
16,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Gunny, I'm kind of in the same boat. I got a small buck during archery season and took 25lbs of meat to Deadhead's friend to get it made into snack sticks. Good stuff, but the way it comes back packed it takes up a lot of room in the freezer.
I picked up the meat Friday from the doe I bagged. Almost 40lbs, plenty for the 2 of us till next season.

·
Registered
879 Posts
He actually is, while considered a quadriplegic he can move his arms but has no dexterity with his fingers, he uses a Savage with a lever on the trigger, looks like the thing they sold a few years ago to make a semi auto operate like a Gatling gun,with a bolt action he only gets one shot, he has a special blind that someone wheels him into. They help point his rifle at the bait. He is not able to operate the action only pull the contraption for the trigger. He has take a couple deer.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
My brother in TN & my nephew took 3 of his sons on their 1st separate gun hunting trip last week. Ages 12, 9 & 7. All using my brother's .308 Savage. An 8 point, 6 point & a large doe. All 3 are hooked & their freezer is full for now.
Capture2.PNG

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
I got run out of the shooting house this morning by the skeeters! I started hearing some extra buzzing, then it got louder, and louder. My first thought was bees were back inside, but didn't sound like bees. I cut my flashlight on, and the ceiling was moving there were so many of them rascal moving around. They were in the process of warming up and coming down and going out, but I had no intention of being in their way when they did. I keep a can of wasp spray in there, so I got my gear out, and fogged the little bastards and left. Hope that does the trick.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts