Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not received my badge in the mail yet. Any idea when these are shipping out?

I went to the range on Tuesday afternoon and the gate was out of order. Has this situation been resolved? Fortunately someone was there that could open the gate from the inside, otherwise I'd have spent an hour plus in the car for no reason.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought they kept the combination lock on the other gate? Or is it under water?
It is not underwater, but I was told by the guy that opened the gate from the inside that it was no longer accessible by members. If I was misinformed, someone please correct me.

·
Registered
15,493 Posts
It is not underwater, but I was told by the guy that opened the gate from the inside that it was no longer accessible by members. If I was misinformed, someone please correct me.
I hadn’t heard that. I haven’t used it though either. I thought I remembered someone saying it would remain accessible for just such occasions. I can’t remember what I had for lunch though, so I’m probably wrong.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I have not received my badge in the mail yet. Any idea when these are shipping out?

I went to the range on Tuesday afternoon and the gate was out of order. Has this situation been resolved? Fortunately someone was there that could open the gate from the inside, otherwise I'd have spent an hour plus in the car for no reason.
Contact the club secretary to let him know you haven't received new badge. It's a prox card to swipe, no more gate codes.
I was told the same thing by a BOD member. The problem with this is that if the power goes off & members are inside the fence they will NOT be able to get out even the old gate. The electric gate system doesn't have a battery backup that I have requested for a year now. And now no combination to the old gate just doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes. You might get a reply by Christmas from him.
Am I understanding this correctly? Even though it is still March and technically still 2018 as far as membership is concerned, I can no longer access the range with my code?

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Am I understanding this correctly? Even though it is still March and technically still 2018 as far as membership is concerned, I can no longer access the range with my code?
Old gate code is still usable until April 1. Keypad is under the new card reader. It was repaired yesterday.

Reactions: tha1000

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Ed is the Secretary. The current gate code is usable until April 1. I got my card today with a letter explaining these items. Imma guess it depends on how long ago you sent your dues.

·
Registered
522 Posts
All locks are currently in operation with the exception of the Swinging bridge gate. It will only be opened for special events. Too many people were using it too regularly. Defeats the tracking put in place for the front gate (Florence Byram Road). Your 2018 gate code will be good until the 1st of April. Then the only way to enter will be with your new scanable badge in the front gate.

Grasshopper
MRPC BOD
Treasurer

Sorry about the other day. S___ happens!

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
If the codes are going away, how do we log into the member area of the web site? I didn't see any mention of this in the letter that was mailed with my new badge. My apologies if I missed something obvious, my eyes are getting older by the day.

·
Death is Preferable to Communism.
170 Posts
Sent the check about 2 weeks ago. Haven't gotten my badge...I'm sure they're going through a lot of renewals.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I was wanting to check on my renewal. I dropped it in the mail about two weeks ago because of the online renewal debacle. Check hasn’t cleared yet just wanna get it in so I get renewed versus being a new applicant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts