Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

· Registered
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're like me and hadn't gotten a scope yet -
Midway has a 6.5 x 20 x 50 Simmons Whitetail Classic for regular $270 on sale for $120. Simmons has got a $25 off rebate bringing it to $95. The 50 MM sunshade is on backorder. May cancel that and get it locally, a 50mm is a 50mm I would think, correct me if I'm wrong.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productnumber=168462

Is Tally a good scope mount, never heard of them. Will they mate up with a Kimber? If not, what's a good scope mount?
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productnumber=363251

· Premium Member
21,635 Posts
Sid -- that is what I have on my Kimber -- Burris rings Midway product #422013

· Registered
15,551 Posts
Sid you need high or extra high 1/8 dovetail rings for rimfires. You want the bolt handle to clear the rings...I have the Burris rings with a shem Cap. mentioned $40 at Van's...they were taller than the Leupold extra highs I found

Natchez has a sale on BSA Platinum scopes going on right now.

several of us got em $59 6x24x44 $69 8x32x44

· Registered
5,000 Posts

· Registered
5,000 Posts
Supposed to. The review on the web says so. Found these on the CMP rimfire forum so should be good to go. If not, I'll have some funny looking rings on my old Sears semi...rings worth more than the rifle. :lol4:

· Nocturnal Specialties
7,489 Posts
My Vortex was just delivered...Pretty nice looking..
Doubt ill be able to fit it on my savage with out some really high rings..... dangit.
I have weaver extra high on it now with a 40mm AO and it has some room to spare, hope its enough.

· Premium Member
21,635 Posts
jbpmidas said:
Yeah, but Mil-Dots look cool!
The old KISS rule is in order here!!

· Registered
15,551 Posts
Trouble with the mildot is...the dots cover up your view of these reduced 600 yard targets...

Though mildots are cool...you know the range we are shooting at.

I'd highly recommend a fine reticle for the 22 F class application

its personal preference

· Registered
5,000 Posts
Captain helped me zero my Kimber today and I had an elevation problem. Like SGMJody, using the BKL unitized mount. Shimmed under the rear with two pieces of a business card and then GTG at 50 & 100. Gonna measure it tonight and cut a permanent shim out of plastic. That was also a BSA 8-32.

BTW...thanks Capt. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.