Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a 22LR pistol. Which one would you buy? Why? The Ruger series has been recommended. Hi Standard? I had one of those many years ago that was fairly impressive. Just some general opinions on different 22LR pistols would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
For the money the Ruger 5.5" blued target semi-auto is the best. I prefer the mark 1 or II over the Mark III, but I have had success with the Mark II as well. I have a 6-78" Tapered barrel Mark II and it is a beaut.

Doug

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
If you are a 1911 and Ruger fan, then I would go with the 22/45. I bought one and it is a blast to shoot. Controls are positioned liek the 1911 so it is good to practice with also.

·
Registered
12,593 Posts
Ruger MKII if you can find one but if not the MKIII is a fine gun as well. I wouldn't go with anything else. for the price and what you get the Ruger MK series is the best :2c:

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I prefer the weight of the steel Ruger Mark I-II-III over the 22/45 version. The heavier the pistol is, the less it moves when held with one hand.

·
Nocturnal Specialties
7,318 Posts
I picked up a Ruger Mark III 22/45 a few weeks ago, i love it. Way more accurate than my Walther P22, not to mention a very very good factory trigger.
And it eats up all brands of ammo ive tried no problem.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
spyderhead said:
I am looking to buy a 22LR pistol. Which one would you buy? Why? The Ruger series has been recommended. Hi Standard? I had one of those many years ago that was fairly impressive. Just some general opinions on different 22LR pistols would be appreciated. Thanks.
I see where the 22/45 has been suggested.

You might want to take a moment and jump over to the topic, "Ruger 22 /45 pistol", in this Handgun forum. There some information there that you might find helpful.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
This question was asked a long time ago. Not too long after the forum was started. It got a lot of replies. The link to the topic is below. That, along with the suggestions here should help you decide which one you want.

http://www.msgunowners.com/rimfire-f27/22-pistol-suggestions-t140.htm

I have the MkIII 22/45 target version. Shoots very well.

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
Hammer, that is the same model as mine. Have you done any trigger work to yours? That is my only wish for the 22/45, a better trigger. And, oh yeah, a can!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts