Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing opinions on the best/most inexpensive scope for a Ruger 10/22. What do y’all think?

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,349 Posts

You hunting with it? Plinking? Target shooting? Expected distance? Budget?

·
Thank a veteran.
4,644 Posts
You can pick up some 50% off deals on the Vortex line at AA Optics. He has a line of refurbs if you’ll watch the site. They come with full factory warranties.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

You hunting with it? Plinking? Target shooting? Expected distance? Budget?
Will probably be used for squirrel hunting and mostly plinking. I’ve found some good reviews on scopes but most of them are not being made anymore.

·
Registered
13,060 Posts
I’m replacing the vortex diamondback off of mine with a higher magnification scope. The one I removed is a 2-7x35. If interested just message me

·
Registered
684 Posts
I'm partial to Leupold. If you can find one the 2x7x33 freedom rimfire is a good option for $200. They made a 3x9x40 freedom rimfire but in my personal opinion for a tote around in the woods a 40mm is a little to large on a 22. To me its not proportional to the rifle and makes it top heavy. I'll dig my wifes out of the safe and get a pic coming of hers in tally one piece base/rings with the 2x7x33 freedom rimfire

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the help everyone. For the time being I’ve found an older Tasco on my father in laws old gun that should get the job done. Right now I’m working on re-staining my Ruger 10/22 since the stock it comes with is so ugly. Can’t wait to show you guys

·
Thank a veteran.
4,644 Posts
Thanks for all the help everyone. For the time being I’ve found an older Tasco on my father in laws old gun that should get the job done. Right now I’m working on re-staining my Ruger 10/22 since the stock it comes with is so ugly. Can’t wait to show you guys
I have a synthetic stock I painted for my daughter if you’re in. It’s the thin style with Ruger written on it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts