Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot a few rounds of the .22mag GamePoint thru my RPR this morning, but when I came back in to clean it, I couldn't find my jag. Probably vanished into hyperspace. But I did have patches and Q-tips, and I remembered the guys in the mortar platoon in Nam would use Kotex pads to clean their 60mm tubes. So it struck me that a patch on the end of a Q-tip just might work on a .22 cal barrel. Still need the rod to push it thru, but it's a perfect fit and does a great job. 1 Q-tip is good for about 6 patches, and I've got a whole box of Q-tips. Life sometimes cooperates. :D

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
A chop stick or cooking skewer works too as a rod. I have used both, but dont ask... as it was probably the same day i put coffee creamer in my cereal.
not that it is helpful in this climate or modern age but a cassette tape works surprisingly well as an ice scraper. As if young drivers now even know what a cassette tape is.

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
7,483 Posts
I keep two big boxes of tips. When one gets empty it is time to buy another box. While I have not used one for your problem since I have several jags, different size rods and tips. I sometimes take a q-tip and bend the stick to form a L shape. I then dip the long end in some solvent and clean 22 chambers and hard to reach places in the receiver. The uses are endless.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.