Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
Depends -- what will its primary purpose be?

T36 is good -- have 4 of them but they are all mounted on target grade rifles shooting at distances of 100 yrds or more ... not worth a darn for small game hunting, etc ...

.. again, primary purpose to be used for????

·
Registered
17,180 Posts
whats the best 22lr scope
That's like asking what's the best hamburger. :rolleyes:

I have a Simmons,Model 510513, which is ok. I don't see much point is spending more money on optics than what a .22 rifle costs. I paid about $40. You can pay $1000 for a scope and strap it on your .22, but I'd bet I can shoot just as well with the $40 Simmons at the ranges a .22 is capable of. :)

Or are you just looking for bragging rights on your hardware?

This one: Simmons - 8-Point

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
11,160 Posts
Depends -- what will its primary purpose be?

T36 is good -- have 4 of them but they are all mounted on target grade rifles shooting at distances of 100 yrds or more ... not worth a darn for small game hunting, etc ...

.. again, primary purpose to be used for????
What he said. Details/specifics. Rifle? Distance? Plink/hunt?

That's like asking what's the best hamburger. :rolleyes:

I have a Simmons,Model 510513, which is ok.

This one: Simmons - 8-Point
I too have a Simmons and have been pleased. Though do like my leupold better
Leupold VX-1 2-7x28mm .22 Caliber Rimfire Rifle Scope 113872, 113871 & more! + w/ Free Shipping and Handling Best Rated Up To 38% OFF

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
I have two Leupold models on mine, the 2-7x28 mm
glossy rimfire model and the 3-9x33AO ultralight gloss
model with the thin duplex reticle on both and considering
what sort of rifles they are on, a tack driving CZ452 American
and an almost as accurate Ruger M77/22, those size scopes
seem to suit the rifles aesthetically better than the really large
Weavers such as the T-36 or the variable models do but
that is just my opinion and not any sort of authoritative
gospel.

·
Registered
17,180 Posts
Wanting it to target practice with at 100yrds
You can target practice with the factory iron sights. What's the purpose of your target practice, you planning on competing or hunting?

·
μολὼν λαβέ
38,775 Posts
For 100 yards I'd get nothing less than a 3x9 I had a 4x16 that worked good at that distance and you could dial it down for closer in ranges.
22's can be very accurate even the 10/22's and especially the cz rimfires. Though I wouldn't call them actually target grade they can be made to shoot very , very accurate.

The Weaver V16 and the Mueller APV are pretty good scopes and the Meuller 4.5x16 is a little over $100 last time I looked.

Reactions: ToddMc

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You can target practice with the factory iron sights. What's the purpose of your target practice, you planning on competing or hunting?[/QUOTE.
The guy I sold the gun to wants a scope on it he said he wants one to target practice with and I didn't know a good one wanting to know some opinions

·
Registered
17,180 Posts
The guy I sold the gun to wants a scope on it he said he wants one to target practice with and I didn't know a good one wanting to know some opinions
Then the same questions need to be answered by him, not you. Ask him to join this forum, and we'll be happy to help him out. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
So what scope did you end up with? I'd love to hear.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts