Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve managed to snag some 22mag but I do not have a firearm for it. My question is if you were going to try and find a revolver and long gun pair for 22mag. What would you look for? I was thinking a lcrx 3 inch and a Henry lever gun. I always like having a matched pair and those two together seem like a handy pair. What do y’all think?

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
I think that would be a fine choice. :) (y)

·
Registered
228 Posts
That's a great combo if you're going to use the .22 Mag as a defensive gun. Another good alternative if you can find one would be a Taurus 992. It's .22 LR with a .22 Magnum conversion cylinder. 9 shots with the LR, 8 with the magnum. Bit on the heavy side but real sweet gun overall. As for the Henry, I prefer the pump action for the .22 Magnum but the lever guns work great. For a semi auto a Savage A22 or a CZ 512 would make excellent rifles.

·
Registered
10,523 Posts
I’ve managed to snag some 22mag but I do not have a firearm for it. My question is if you were going to try and find a revolver and long gun pair for 22mag. What would you look for? I was thinking a lcrx 3 inch and a Henry lever gun. I always like having a matched pair and those two together seem like a handy pair. What do y’all think?
The Rugers have been in sparse supply and expensive lately. You'll likely pay a premium for one right now.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I recommend an oldie but goodie- H&R Model 700 semi auto rifle
For pistol 351pd by Smith & Wesson easy to carry or the more conventional Ruger with both 22 and 22 mag cylinders

1 - 5 of 5 Posts