Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have miss placed my Hornady die set that i was given. So i need to get a new set and have spent way to much time researching dies.

The question is are the 200 dollar dies sets really worth it for 300 blackout being shot out of an AR? The have some cool features like micrometers but I never had any issue with the plan Hornady dies. Probably thinking way to much about this.

What 300 blackout dies are you guys running?

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Those must be Redding dies with the micrometers. I can't see spending that kind of money unless you're doing top level precision shooting.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
36,575 Posts
Lee or by another Hornady set. Although I don't care for the Hornady 300 dies.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those must be Redding dies with the micrometers. I can't see spending that kind of money unless you're doing top level precision shooting.
Yep, it always starts innocent enough google search 300 blk dies. Then before you know it searching best dies money can buy. Then reading up on long range bench rest shooting, start looking at what caliber / gun combo i would need to get started. Then searching best glass for said caliber / gun.
Three to four hours later I am like what was I looking up to begin with.:confused:

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
I have miss placed my Hornady die set that i was given. So i need to get a new set and have spent way to much time researching dies.

The question is are the 200 dollar dies sets really worth it for 300 blackout being shot out of an AR? The have some cool features like micrometers but I never had any issue with the plan Hornady dies. Probably thinking way to much about this.

What 300 blackout dies are you guys running?
Depending on what you're shooting them in, small base dies eliminate one possible problem, mine are rcbs
Hornady dies pretty much are small base dies. Hornady sizes their dies smaller than most. Not ideal for precision rifle but great for ARs. But then for precision rifle you're probably neck sizing anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts