Mississippi Gun Owners banner

300 Blackout

6K views 48 replies 15 participants last post by  vector12 
#1 ·
I've been thinking of building a 6.8, but now I'm leaning this way. What do you guys think? Is this going to be another wildcat cartridge or will it stick around?

300 Blackout

#4 ·
I'm personally very excited about the 300 Blackout. I've had 300 whispers in the past but, the problem is that you have to reload because the corbon ammo is too expensive to justify buying.

Ammo is going to be made by a number of different companies for the 300 BLK. It's being produced by Remingtion right now, but I've seen a few other ammo manufacturers that have said they are going to produce as well.

Barrels are available from AAC for Rem. 700 and Model 7's, as well as complete uppers (9" and 16") for the AR's, although they are currently backordered. I've got one of the 9" uppers and it is very nice. Noveske is also supposed to have some AR uppers out before Christmas.

#8 ·
From the article ---

Full power 123 grain ammunition matches the ballistics of the 7.62x39mm AK

Why not just go with the AK round? Cheaper to feed!!

#20 ·
I despise AAC (their customer service is terrible, they won't honor their warranty on their suppressors, etc.).... but the 300BLK seems like a pretty cool round, I personally won't be building one for at least 6 months or so as I want to make sure it catches on and doesn't just die out like a lot of new calibers do.

-spencer-

#23 ·
You can definately form the brass from .223 brass, if you look on silencertalk.com (AAC own's the site), there is a ton of information on it. I am going to start building one now, I said I was going to wait but the itch is just too bad. For you guys saying that the 7.62x39 beats the 300 Blackout forgot to think about all us suppressor addicts. Factory subsonic ammo at reasonable prices is a huge plus and it only needs a barrel change from a .223 rifle. You can run a 9mm, .40, .45, or .308 can on it as well which is a huge benefit to people who want to get away with using one suppressor for multiple caliber weapons. I will post pics of mine once I get it built.

-spencer-

#25 ·
From the underground of the subsonic world, I have read that the throat is a tad deeper on the 300 blkout and everything else is the same as a whisper, ahh JD is probally pissed :( I shall keep my whispers and still not throw money to remington or aac for ripping someone else off again! "If you dont understand what i am saying is that the reamer makes a loner throat but the brass has the same measurement as a whisper"

#26 ·
titleiiredneck said:
From the underground of the subsonic world, I have read that the throat is a tad deeper on the 300 blkout and everything else is the same as a whisper, ahh JD is probally pissed :( I shall keep my whispers and still not throw money to remington or aac for ripping someone else off again! "If you dont understand what i am saying is that the reamer makes a loner throat but the brass has the same measurement as a whisper"
So basically its a 300whisper?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.