Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All you .300 pistol toters, what's your build wearing in the trigger department? Commentary on likes, dislikes, et cetera are appreciated.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
On the few that I have I put some sort of Mil-Spec trigger in them. I think is wearing a Spikes trigger, another a CMMG trigger and another a gun show trigger that I picked up and cleaned up myself. The 300 isn't exactly a precision round so no need for a high dollar trigger.

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Keep going only 5 more post, lol

I dont have a 300bs but a polished milspec and a trigger takeup screw does wonders for several of my 7.62x39 builds.
Others use CMC flat, Trigger Tech, POF (dont waste your money) Rise Armament (decent if you like the curve of a mill spec) or my favorite Velocity as its a timney just $50-75 less.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
8,992 Posts
True 300 isn't precision round, but it is a hunting round. And most folks like a good clean crisp light trigger in their hunting rifle. Or so I thought. Reason behind mine. The only other custom trigger is the same CMC In my precision 223 AR. All the rest are plain milspec with a couple having the boron coating on them, and all have the cheap JP spring kits in them, which make them just right for my tastes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Keep going only 5 more post, lol

I dont have a 300bs but a polished milspec and a trigger takeup screw does wonders for several of my 7.62x39 builds.
Others use CMC flat, Trigger Tech, POF (dont waste your money) Rise Armament (decent if you like the curve of a mill spec) or my favorite Velocity as its a timney just $50-75 less.
Lol, two birds, one bullet.
I have a Velocity in my Brownell's cart right now.

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Lol, two birds, one bullet.
I have a Velocity in my Brownell's cart right now.
I picked up a few they made with other companies names on them for $99 several years back. Couldnt beat that deal. I still think they are a better trigger than the rise armament and just as good of a deal for the money.
However a polished milspec with a wolf trigger spring and trigger takeup screw is pretty good and not hard to do.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
And have to say, with my handloads after figuring out what my rifle shoots best, it's more than capable of MOA accuracy at 100y. With some more work possibly sub
What length barrel are you running?

Reactions: Jcblakeney

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
My x39's are sub moa my carbine is actually closer to half moa with handloads but is exactly 1moa with wolf, tula, norinco and pretty much any steel case ammo i have found. My pistol is more like 1.1 moa with tula but Ive only had it out once for initial sight in off the tailgate so I might be able to get it better with a little practice. Havent tried any handloads in it yet.

·
Registered
12,424 Posts
I have 2 of the rise armament ra140, i would buy a third if i needed it without hesitating. They make a flat face version now if that is what you want. I did buy a hiperfire pdi 2ish pound trigger to try, but have not gotten to the range with it yet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have 2 of the rise armament ra140, i would buy a third if i needed it without hesitating. They make a flat face version now if that is what you want. I did buy a hiperfire pdi 2ish pound trigger to try, but have not gotten to the range with it yet.
I actually don't have anything with a flat trigger. I've shot some and liked the feel of it, but I guess I'd need to have something of my own with one so I could train with it enough to develop muscle memory.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
8.5", 416R stainless, pistol length gas tube, 1/7 twist, odin adjustable block, heavy buffer and spring, can't remember what BCG.
And mis spoke on sub MOA. Was thinking about my Ruger American 300BO for that lol.
Been thinking of building one with a 10 inch barrel.

And so I'm not drifting the thread too much, I prefer either a stock trigger that I polish or a enhanced one-pretty much the same thing, just store bought and I use a lighter trigger spring.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I actually don't have anything with a flat trigger. I've shot some and liked the feel of it, but I guess I'd need to have something of my own with one so I could train with it enough to develop muscle memory.
My three lowers have a Larue curved, Larue flat, and Geissele SD-C (flat).

If I can figure out what I want to replace it, I think the Larue flat is going away.

Larue curved is in my .300BLK pistol. Honestly I think it is just the trigger shape that makes me not like the Larue flat- the actual pull is great. But if I had to rank them-

Geissele SD-C ($177- super coupon)
Larue curved ($80)
Larue flat ($80)

If that SD-C was the SSA (curved G version) it would be in second and the Larue first out of sheer price savings. I like the Geissele not because of the name or price, but because they shaped a flat trigger correctly. The pull is about dead even with the Larue curved.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts