15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey 9point and Mr. Clean

Ya'll recognize this one?

added a little more "bling"

The old

Now the new

Scope is Nikon Monarch 4-16x50mm with side focus, BDC reticle and shade

Trigger job, Custom Bolt knob, stock paint job and custom muzzle break, custom scope rings and bases provided by Dixie Precison Rifles - Brandon, MS

check out www.1000yardhunter.com

or pm mstropyhunter

Mr. Elk better watch out....I'll be a practicing...if I can ever get loose from work :lol4:

I think the nannies are gonna get "thinned" this year :evil:

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man I'm dying to go shoot several guns....Hope the break tames the "beast" a bit....speaking of "beast" ya'll oughta see the 35 Whelen I got in the works...stay tuned...I'm about to pee my pants

working for da man is a bummer....never can seem to get a moments peace here lately

I'll dial her in soon...along with about 5 others....You gotta get in line to get a piece of me these days

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Very nice. What's that muzzle brake or whatever it if do for you? Educate the great unwashed who have never had a custom rifle. That camo pattern is one of a kind and I love it. Tell whoever put it on to burn the pattern, you know that's got to be the only one. People will do the double take when they see that.

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sid

Muzzle breaks reduce felt recoil by about a third....

Since this gun is fairly light and a 300 Win I decided to add one...

They also generally make the gun louder..especially inside a shoot house...for that reason, sometimes the breaks are used when shooting a lot on the bench and then removed when you are hunting

There aint no free lunch....cept when you eat triple burgers at my place....LOL!

http://www.chuckhawks.com/muzzle_brakes.htm

Thx for the BDC info there SJ....I hope to take this baby on a elk hunting trip one day...sure wish we could get a couple on the forum to go

Hope the waters are clean and the fish are biting for ya.

·
Registered
651 Posts
It is a really good website for the Monarch BDC. The water out front looks great and the fish are biting :thumbup:

·
Nocturnal Specialties
7,343 Posts
msredneck said:
Sid

Muzzle breaks reduce felt recoil by about a third....

Since this gun is fairly light and a 300 Win I decided to add one...

They also generally make the gun louder..especially inside a shoot house...for that reason, sometimes the breaks are used when shooting a lot on the bench and then removed when you are hunting

There aint no free lunch....cept when you eat triple burgers at my place....LOL!

http://www.chuckhawks.com/muzzle_brakes.htm

Thx for the BDC info there SJ....I hope to take this baby on a elk hunting trip one day...sure wish we could get a couple on the forum to go

Hope the waters are clean and the fish are biting for ya.
All you need now is a Suppressor...
I shot my 300wm with Dockrockers Yankee Hill Phantom and the muzzle report is comparable to a 22mag rifle with the recoil of a 223 bolt action.
So i ordered a Yankee Hill Phantom today :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts