Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will go on an xbolt that is factory threaded and braked. Length and size not as important as hearing-safe.

·
I’ve got one more silver dollar
1,086 Posts
If size is less of a consideration I would look at the Dead Air Sandman L. It’s a great 30 cal can and absolutely built like a tank.

·
Registered
15,716 Posts
Quietest? I believe right now, that’s the CGS Hyperion. Go to pewscience.com and look at his suppressor reviews. He has a breakdown of most of the current relevant silencers with ratings for everything. It’s more data than you’ll know what to do with I promise.

I don’t know what you know about silencers, but centerfire rifles are still loud. Definitely tolerable for a handful of shots, but still loud. I’ve never shot a 300 win mag suppressed, but I imagine it’ll be slightly less tolerable than others.

·
Registered
371 Posts
From what you need I would suggest the dead air nomad long titanium or the Hyperion.
you need to consider weight when hanging a can from a long hunting barrel. My first can a long time ago I had similar needs as you but I mad a mistake and got a really heavy can. Now I’m about to buy the standard length Nomad Ti. Under 10 oz if you direct thread it.
you should also consider getting a can with a universal rear mount so you have more flexibility with mounts. 1.375x24 is the way to go.

·
Registered
371 Posts
You should also find out what thread pitch your barrel is threaded with. I ended up using Griffin plan a for my Hybrid supressor because my 450 bushmaster had a funny thread.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
CGS Hyperion

pewscience.com

Reactions: jakeg823
1 - 11 of 11 Posts