Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
7,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well...it's a done deal now. JJacobs ordered the capsules and asked me to load them. I think he mainly wants them to keep dogs out of his garbage. They should be sufficient for that.

Personally, I think 00 Buck is the best varmint deterrent.

· Registered
7,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I loaded these with #8 shot. They are pretty potent inside of ten paces. Past that it's like throwing a hand full of salt. It should get the attention of JJacob's four-legged friend none the less. Thanks for the info guys.

· Registered
7,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Beladran said:
how much BB could you fit in a 38 shot shell?
I'm not sure. Haven't tried it. It wouldn't be many. That BB shot is pretty big. I've estimated the capsule loaded with #8 to weigh around 100gr. Not sure how much BB it would hold. I'd assume the pattern would tighten up a bit though.

· Registered
105 Posts
Lol that reminds me, the other day while on the tractor, I had my 38 with the "dog" shot in it in case I saw a snake or a big rat. I forgot about being loaded with rat shot when I headed to town. There I was in advance auto with rat shot in my pocket, I got to thinking what I would do if the guy in front of me tried to rob the place, etc. Thats where I was when I remembered. Would you be able to still rob somewhere if you got shot in the face with 100 grains of lead shot? I think I would lay down and cry if someone shot me in the face!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.