Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've taken a dive into 3D printing. It's a pretty interesting machine/process that can generate pretty much any part I need for anything around the house.

So far I've made some toolhead stands for my Dillon 550, and several random rifle parts. Pics of a couple of them attached. My options for colors and types of plastics are pretty wide, but these are printed in PLA. As far as durability goes, when printed with the right settings and designed appropriately they're pretty tough. I've hit the white hand stop with a 12oz hammer on the workbench with just a scuff.

Pictured are:
550 Toolhead stand next to the Dillon factory part
Mlok handguard cover
Keymod Handstop (black)
Stubby Mlok handstop

Attachments

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That Dillon tool head holder looks great. However, I suggest you not print "Dillon Precision" on the future ones. Wouldn't want Dillon getting pissed at you about copyright laws.

Anything I sell is going to be my own design from scratch to separate it from a licensed part.

That was more of an exercise in what 3D printing can replicate. Same goes with the JEEP logo.

This isn't intended to be a sole source of income. Just a way to fund more printing experiments.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
On the 1050 toolhead stand, did you model it or do a 3d scan?
All the item look very good.
That's a 3D scan. The scaling was just a little off, but it was close enough for what I needed so I didn't bother printing another. I mistakenly called it a 1050 toolhead stand. It's for my 550. The slot holds the shellplate.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts