close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

3D Printing...

Discussion in 'General Off Topic' started by Sonny H, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Sonny H

Sonny H Big Bore Shooter

How many of you in the Gulf Coast have something you need printed in PLA or ABS on a 3D printer? I am contemplating getting a Delta Printer that will print 8.5 inch round x 11 inch high. Just wondering if anyone has any plans that they want printed for a minimal fee. Trying to justify this in my mind and convincing the spouse that she could possibly make this a small side business, as she is a crafty one. Looking for your feedback and opinions.

2. CajunBP

CajunBP Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I am stupid on this issue, but I think people need to be educated to the possibilities. I don't even know what is possible with those things.

3. fordpkup

fordpkup Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

4. Sonny H

Sonny H Big Bore Shooter

5. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    What type material can be used? Plastics are nice, but not my main interest.

6. bubbat

bubbat Gate Keeper to my corner of Hell

Clinton
    Check around from model train forums or local train clubs they are always wanting things done for layouts and guys that have dioramas for 1/64 scale cars and truck. Know a guy in Ky that does custom semi truck bodies and stuff on a 3D printer.

Jarhead5811 likes this.
  7. BasMstr

BasMstr Distinguished Poster

I've heard of a lot of custom and classic car guys using them to print hard to find or nonexistent parts, then taking that to a machinist to be used as a model/blueprint.