Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Gun-Fu Wannabe; Just Living Life
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Popped up in my Facebook feed today. Interesting concept. Seems like it would be good for us odd shaped people.

·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump, anyone else looked into this?

·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No one took a look at this setup?

·
Super Moderator
8,079 Posts
I checked it out / watched the video. Not something that speaks to me. Never really cared for belly-band style holsters. Especially at $85.
I almost always wear an long button-up shirt NOT tucked in, so I generally carry my G26, G23, 1911 or S&W Mod 13 in a standard OWB-style holster. Concealment / printing is not a problem with my long outer shirt. On the rare occasion that I tuck my shirt in, I just pocket carry the LCP, G43 or S&W Mod 638 J-Frame.

Reactions: CajunBP and rigrat

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
No one took a look at this setup?
Looked and read it. Never much cared for spare mag on the same side as the gun anyway - you have to reach across your body to get to it and it adds more weight & bulk on the same side as the gun. The whole thing looks like it would be very awkward to me.

PS: I ordered one of these pancake holsters (in black) a few days ago, which will be my second purchase from Diamond D.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,096 Posts
Looked and read it. Never much cared for spare mag on the same side as the gun anyway - you have to reach across your body to get to it and it adds more weight & bulk on the same side as the gun. The whole thing looks like it would be very awkward to me.

PS: I ordered one of these pancake holsters (in black) a few days ago, which will be my second purchase from Diamond D.

Nice holster, I've got to get another 1911 holster now.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,096 Posts
DD makes some first class, top of the line, custom leather. I've been very pleased with the IWB I bought a couple years ago. Their stuff ain't cheap tho. ;)
LOL yeah no good custom leather is really cheap. But you get quality in return.

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
Phaeto's, are you looking for a holster? I get the impression you are. If so, have you decided on what you expect from it? Every day carry, competition, etc. If you haven't watched the video's in the post I made earlier about "Fast enough to matter", it might help you narrow the field some. Point being that the design of a holster does effect both your speed and accuracy. It's not always all about comfort, retention, and deep concealment. :)

Fast enough to matter

·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Phaeto's, are you looking for a holster? I get the impression you are. If so, have you decided on what you expect from it? Every day carry, competition, etc. If you haven't watched the video's in the post I made earlier about "Fast enough to matter", it might help you narrow the field some. Point being that the design of a holster does effect both your speed and accuracy. It's not always all about comfort, retention, and deep concealment. :)

Fast enough to matter
Yes I am looking and no I haven’t decided yet. I saw the post of that vid but haven’t had time to look at it yet. I’ll do that.

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
I checked it out / watched the video. Not something that speaks to me. Never really cared for belly-band style holsters. Especially at $85.
I almost always wear an long button-up shirt NOT tucked in, so I generally carry my G26, G23, 1911 or S&W Mod 13 in a standard OWB-style holster. Concealment / printing is not a problem with my long outer shirt. On the rare occasion that I tuck my shirt in, I just pocket carry the LCP, G43 or S&W Mod 638 J-Frame.
I believe it is a much faster draw if your first contact with the weapon is correct. Just from a quick glance, this looks like it would require a grip adjustment somewhere in the draw, if that is so, that would make it a "no" for me. It does look comfortable and I appreciate that they are looking at comfort, it will get more people to carry. Also, I also never buy a holster without at least having it in my hands first.

·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I believe it is a much faster draw if your first contact with the weapon is correct. Just from a quick glance, this looks like it would require a grip adjustment somewhere in the draw, if that is so, that would make it a "no" for me. It does look comfortable and I appreciate that they are looking at comfort, it will get more people to carry. Also, I also never buy a holster without at least having it in my hands first.
I agree with getting hands on first for buying things. But sometimes that isn’t an option.

Reactions: CajunBP
1 - 16 of 16 Posts