close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

.45 Supressor???

Discussion in 'AR's, AK's, Silencers /Class III' started by 22lrfan, Apr 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 22lrfan

22lrfan Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I want to go ahead and get the paperwork in for a .45 suppressor before the trust rule changes go into effect in July. I've been doing some reading about them but of course everyone says theirs is the best. I don't have a threaded .45 right now but do have a 9mm AR and a 10mm that I plan to use it on. The ones I've looked at so far have been rated for 9mm, .40S&W and .45. I would prefer to buy one in the Jackson area. Does anyone have a recommendation for one that would be 10mm rated?

2. Moderd Outfitters

Moderd Outfitters Full Poster

The AAC Ti-Rant 45 is still one of the top performers around when it comes to Db reduction. The new Rugged Suppressors Obsidian is currently the quietest pistol can on the market according to all the recent outside testing, but good luck finding one in stock as demand is high. The Griffin Armament Revolution 45 is also another great option and is more modular than anything out there if you want a versatile suppressor. All are 10mm rated. The GA would be my choice as it can be configured in run on a pistol with its booster or have the booster attachment removed to shorten its OAL to run on a fixed barrel.

3. Leadburner

Leadburner Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Waiting patiently to pick up my GA Revolution from you guys. 22 you just got some good advice right there. Modern Outfitters glad to see ya'll on here. Lot of good folks here. See ya'll soon.:hiya:

4. cottonmouth

cottonmouth Distinguished Poster

I have an Osprey 45 and so far I really like it. I can shoot it on my Glock 35, Springfield 1911 and my 9mm AR. I works great especially with 5cc's of water in it! I do want to get a barrel for my Glock 17 and that should fix me up. I think any of the new suppressors would be a good choice, if I hadn't got the Osprey I would have got the Tirant.

J.B.

5. cottonmouth

cottonmouth Distinguished Poster

I think the 10mm is a NO go on the osprey, but if you get it subsonic a 40 and a 10 are the same.

J.B.

6. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    Ask Nonnie what he has on his .45. Only one I have seen in person, but I would buy one, its like a .22. I was very impressed.

7. 22lrfan

I've been doing a lot of googling and reading. I found a 2015 thread on AR15.com that asked the same question about 10mm. The OP sent emails to AAC and Silencerco. AAC responded that the TiRant 45 was not rated for 10mm. Silencerco responded that the Osprey 45 and Octane 45 were both rated for the 10mm. I'm leaning toward the Octane since it is serviceable. The majority of .45's and 9mm's that I shoot through it will be cast.

8. Leadburner

Leadburner Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Being serviceable is the main reason I chose the GA Revolution. Plus I can buy the boosters to go to .40 & 9mm. I also like the idea being able to run it without the booster, which shortens & cuts weight. Hope to have it in hand by Southern M&G, may not have it mounted by then but I'll sure let you check it out if I do.:)

Griffin Armament Revolution 45 - Pistol - Silencers

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  9. Rw

Rw Distinguished Poster

aac tirant 45
    Marty, griffen armament has been making some impressive cans too. Not sure what they offer that might handle 10mm though. I have been looking at the optimus one they sell, good for a lot of calibers from 22 up to 300 win mag and works good on 9mm.

10. 22lrfan

I'm going to email them and see what they have that's rated for 10mm.