Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been doing a little research on loading .458 with WLP, H110 and Horn .325 FTX. I came across this today. COL =2.1750... this guy must have a case stretcher.
Calipers Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Wood

Font Screenshot Number Parallel Document

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@SubGunFan
That's serious consistency. Those are your hand cast bullets, right? I might need 100 of them. Was that with or without gas checks?

·
Premium Member
15,871 Posts
Yes, I cast these using a WW alloy..................

Automotive tire Gesture Font Pattern Metal

Food Ingredient Cuisine Dish Falukorv

Then powder coated and sized to 0.459". No gas checks.

Drinkware Purple Violet Glass bottle Office supplies

Yes, the bullets are on the heavy side (485gr) compared to the 300gr to 350gr bullets normally used in 458 Socom. But I like heavy bullets and I think they look better than RNFP bullets.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yes, I cast these using a WW alloy..................

View attachment 303953

View attachment 303954

Then powder coated and sized to 0.459". No gas checks.

View attachment 303955

Yes, the bullets are on the heavy side (485gr) compared to the 300gr to 350gr bullets normally used in 458 Socom. But I like heavy bullets and I think they look better than RNFP bullets.

Looking good is 9/10ths of the game. You've got that locked down. My eyes say its professional. I'm going to assume no barrel leading at that velocity. It would be nice to use 5gr less powder compared to H110 and .325 ftx. Is the 500fps reduction in velocity worth it? Also, do you lube them? Sorry for all the questions and the long delay in response. Had to put thermostat housing on my baby girls crappy chevy sonic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts