Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Who in their right mind would do this???? Even if it doesn't blow apart first shot, it would erode away in no time. Even if it stays together for a little while, you will be barbequing the part you hold!

Some people shouldn't be allowed access to tools. :cautious:

Side note: Look at these pics and then imagine the absolute pounding suppressor internals take every time you pull the trigger. yikes!

Black Trigger Air gun Font Gun barrel

Automotive tire Plant Bumper Terrestrial plant Bicycle part

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Bumper Toy

·
Registered
15,716 Posts
It’s a stupid fad that won’t die, but also a prime example of why not everyone should build their own AR, and why you should be weary of the Chinese special parts from non-reputable “manufacturers”, instead of buying quality.

Also brakes are stupid, especially on a short 5.56. Get a silencer.

Sleeve Gesture Shotgun Music Font

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
In France, last I checked, suppressors were considered required equipment for hunters, so as not to disturb the neighbors. Haven't contacted any of my former acquaintances there in a while so I'm not certain if they're still legal. The EU has pushed hard for stricter firearms regulations in the past 30 years, and some countries are more compliant than others.

·
Registered
15,716 Posts
In France, last I checked, suppressors were considered required equipment for hunters, so as not to disturb the neighbors. Haven't contacted any of my former acquaintances there in a while so I'm not certain if they're still legal. The EU has pushed hard for stricter firearms regulations in the past 30 years, and some countries are more compliant than others.
Not all, but much of the EU silencers are largely unregulated. They’re treated as an accessory, as they should be here. Even the British, as stupid as their gun laws are, you won’t see many hunting rifles without a silencer attached.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also brakes are stupid, especially on a short 5.56. Get a silencer.
I agree. I have a range-toy 9 inch 5.56 with a big ass brake on it and it's very stupid in a wonderful way! :p The concussion and fireball aren't very useful, but it sure is fun!
In the brake's defense, I've shot the gun without it and it makes a significant difference in recoil.

·
Registered
15,716 Posts
I agree. I have a range-toy 9 inch 5.56 with a big ass brake on it and it's very stupid in a wonderful way! :p The concussion and fireball aren't very useful, but it sure is fun!
In the brake's defense, I've shot the gun without it and it makes a significant difference in recoil.
They definitely help, a silencer will help more though, but more expensive, longer, etc. RW and I had my 10.5” 5.56 and his 10”~ AK at magnolia one day. The 5.56 was miserable with the Surefire brake, much worse than the 7.62x39. I’ll never shoot that gun unsuppressed again most likely. That day was purely for the sake of science.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts