Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience in using sabots and modern bullets in one. Which bullet might work the best. Still like shooting FFg. The twist is 1-48 so it may not work too well. Any suggestions?
Robert Myers

·
MSGO Court Jester
40,216 Posts
I tried it back around 1990, didn't have good accuracy with them. And yes, I did try different loads, made no difference. I had great accuracy with maxiballs. And the most fun I ever had with the Renegade was shooting orange clay pigeons on a dry, dusty berm. Smoke under the shed, clouds of dirt and pieces of orange in the air at the berm. I was not the only one shooting so it was a lot of both.

I really miss that gun.

Reactions: 22lrfan

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried it back around 1990, didn't have good accuracy with them. And yes, I did try different loads, made no difference. I had great accuracy with maxiballs. And the most fun I ever had with the Renegade was shooting orange clay pigeons on a dry, dusty berm. Smoke under the shed, clouds of dirt and pieces of orange in the air at the berm. I was not the only one shooting so it was a lot of both.

I really miss that gun.
Kinda figured that would be the case. Thanks for the reply. I used to use a patched round ball cause the area was thick where I was hunting. A long shot would have been 40 yards and I like the velocity of the lighter ball.

·
MSGO Court Jester
40,216 Posts
You're welcome. And I understand. Where I hunted had more places where longer shots were possible. I killed deer as close as 30 yards and out to 200+ yards. The latter was with a centerfire rifle.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a Thompson hawken. Your best off with patched round ball.
That's all I have ever shot in mine. Never liked the maxi-ball. A buddy of mine was asking me about and I told him I would post on here ad see what kind of response I would get, I don't even know if any of the barrel makes still make a drop in 1-66 twist for the Renegade anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts