Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice. That looks fun. I always thought that AR pistols were sort of silly, with the buffer tube. More of an extreme carbine than pistol, but without the tube it really kind of fits the bill. Is it really an AR though? the action has to be different and everything looks proprietary and kind of non-interchangeable.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice. That looks fun. I always thought that AR pistols were sort of silly, with the buffer tube. More of an extreme carbine than pistol, but without the tube it really kind of fits the bill. Is it really an AR though? the action has to be different and everything looks proprietary and kind of non-interchangeable.
Don't get me wrong though, I totally freakin want one. After some research it is pretty proprietary, but looks like you could drop in a trigger if you want. The whole thing is like 3 pounds unloaded. Thats nuts. I found multiple reviews of guys shooting 1000+ rounds without a hiccup. That is impressive. Its all polymer and thats how they get the weight down. Im fine with polymer, but it seems crazy to not have some aluminum or steel reinforcement in the upper. The lower I understand, its really just a box holding things in place, but if the bolt were ever to not seat flush and touch off a round I'm not real confident the polymer wouldn't have a catastrophic failure.

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
PLEASE .... NO comments other than asking questions about the item.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I'll have to check this design out, I just don't see how it works. But three pounds is very nice! Some 9mm pistols weigh 40 oz.

·
Super Moderator
13,855 Posts
Gunsmith here in Columbus came up with a design for one without a buffer tube. Patent is in the works and Daniel Defense has spoken to him about the rights. Don't know where he is at in the process though

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
A friend of mine was recently lamenting the move by BATF to include his "spud gun" under the restrictions of the NFA...not sure but it seems like he also mentioned recent changes involving AR pistols as well...if you own or are considering buying an AR pistol it may be worth checking into.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
If it was in 300 BO, and could take a suppressor, I'd be in for one. Or two. ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's a pistol, no NFA restriction here.

I am sure you could change out the barrel to 300blk since the bolt already is a 556 - same bolt face, same cartridge case

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The only other manufacturer I have seen this design with is Olympic Arms with their OA93. That has been out for a long time, but has always been really expensive. Their site now says right at $1300, but when I was looking into these a few years back they were closer to $1600.

Kel-Tec does the PLR-16 which is very similar, but it is not a direct AR platform.

·
Premium Member
20,394 Posts
OK if you say so!! Looks about the same to me, but I didn't look tooooo deep either.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I am sure you could change out the barrel to 300blk since the bolt already is a 556 - same bolt face, same cartridge case
I checked into these a little over a year ago. The answer was "the barrel can't be changed." And, the EXTAR site (or was it New Frontier?) said that these were not designed for suppressor use. That notice is gone. Maybe things have changed, but if so, nobody's talking about it. Too bad. I'd buy one in a NY minute.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts