close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

6.5 Creedmoor ar10 lightweight/precision build

Discussion in 'Firearms Gallery' started by BADL, Dec 28, 2017.

Tags:

Furniture?

1. Lancer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Smoke composites

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BADL

BADL Distinguished Poster

Putting together a new project thought I would give a parts list and reach out for advice/input. I don’t have everything on hand yet so picks will be coming shortly. Also haven’t decided on everything yet. Parts I have or are on order will be listed first. Hopefuls will be last. This is supposed to be semi budget friendly but I do plan on lightweight and that usually costs some extra coin.
    - Aero Precision M5 Betty’s Ross upper and lower set picked this up second hand but Unassembled.
    - standard LPK may go with titanium takedown pins and the like just want to see what weight I can get to W/O $40 pins. Plus the lpk was installed with the receivers
    - Patriot Ordnance Factory 4.5lb drop in trigger with supplied anti walk pins had this in an aero m5 ar10 before it works/ did have to file just a little off of the fron corners so it would drop in the lower. Had this a while I think I got it from Van’s
    - Wilson combat 18” recon tactical barrel
    - Wilson combat adjustable rifle length gas block with supplied straight tube
    All the Wilson stuff was purchase straight from Wilson
    - magpul rubberized pistol grip. Came with the receivers
    - JP standard weight BCG and High pressure bolt. DVOR is having a sale right now on a lot of bcg I got this for $348. Thought about their low mass bcg but I’ve read that the creed is pretty hard on internals. And imho adjustable gas is only one way to mitigate this. I want a smooth rifle that doesn’t rely on gas regulation to be safe and reliable. Also the Jp site flagged my parts in cart when I was just looking had their barrel high pressure bolt and low mass carrier. It was listed “??low mass carrier??” Idk what y’all think?
    - Tubb stainless steel flat wire spring-brownells
    - CTS engineering anti tilt rifle length buffer got this from CT’s
    - AAC brake out brake/flash hider hybrid I know these are heavy but this one was $20 cheaper than their standard brake and I want to be able to use my sdn6 also wanted brake for follow up shots and trying to see my own impact. Midway
    - charging handle? What y’all think?
    - furniture??? Thinking smoke composites or lancer. This carbon fiber stuff ain’t cheap. Smoke is lightest and their stock has buffer tube integrated.
    - glass idk

Also looking for a member close to Jackson area that has a ar10 barrel wrench and vise blocks whenever I decide on the forearm I will need some help with the installation all I have access to is ar15 blocks and wrench

Any opinions comments will be helpful my goal is a sub 8lb rifle but we will see

rigrat likes this.
  2. ThatGuy

ThatGuy I could only pick one, extra money, or guns.

8lbs with optics and a full magazine? Or before you add those.

3. BADL

BADL Distinguished Poster

Before optic with empty mag

4. ThatGuy

ThatGuy I could only pick one, extra money, or guns.

Well unfortunately I have no input on weight savings but if you manage that shoot me a full parts list I have an ar10 I like to hunt with but 8lbs she is not. I'd like a slimmer one. As far as glass goes how much money are you trying to spend?

5. Leadburner

Leadburner Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Spending my money I see.:D Will be waiting to see the finished product.

6. nonnieselman

nonnieselman Nocturnal Specialties

I used Aero precision M5 stuff when I did my 308. The AP handguard uses ar15 barrel nut wrench so it's handy. I used used some UHMW to hold the upper in a vise and torqued barrel nut down.
    I've got everything but the ar10 barrel extension holder tool. The giessle reaction rod is very handy for putting uppers together but only done one ar10 so I skipped out on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

rigrat likes this.