Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what happened to the 6mm ARC? Don't see it being pushed on any sights. No body claiming to have one or sharing any experience with one.

Personally I'd like to see a 6mm for the AR15 platform with factory ammo backing.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Alabama Arsenal did a decent video of it on YouTube. There’s been a few others but I think it is doing what “they” hoped the .224 Valkyrie was going to do before bad reamers screwed up the first batches of barrel chambers. I think Hornady is going to support it fairly well from what I’ve heard them say on video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish they would start pushing the barrels out, or should I say affordable barrels. I like the 6mm bullets for the AR15., they run the weights that is usable by the AR15 and have a decent selection.
I'm currently running a 277 wolverine again but the bullets you usually find were designed for the 270 win so being on the heavier than usable. But there are some in the usable range of weights I just feel the 6mm is better suited for it.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
After 4 months on backorder from CMMG my 6mm ARC upper arrived today. Now to start testing.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After 4 months on backorder from CMMG my 6mm ARC upper arrived today. Now to start testing.

View attachment 243893
Lucky dog I want to buy a barrel but they are either pricey or out of stock. I really like the 6mm calibers.

·
Blessed are the peacemakers
1,215 Posts
I wish they would start pushing the barrels out, or should I say affordable barrels. I like the 6mm bullets for the AR15., they run the weights that is usable by the AR15 and have a decent selection.
I'm currently running a 277 wolverine again but the bullets you usually find were designed for the 270 win so being on the heavier than usable. But there are some in the usable range of weights I just feel the 6mm is better suited for it.
The bullet selection and magazines are my 2 complaints about 6.8, I’m a fan of the short barrel and terminal performance though, I think I’ll end up in the 90-100 grain performance envelope with the 12.5” barrel and desired hunting performance, hence my choice of 95 grain gold dots and 100 grain SST’s.

Reactions: tWillis and rigrat

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bullet selection and magazines are my 2 complaints about 6.8, I’m a fan of the short barrel and terminal performance though, I think I’ll end up in the 90-100 grain performance envelope with the 12.5” barrel and desired hunting performance, hence my choice of 95 grain gold dots and 100 grain SST’s.
I'm shooting the 277 wolverine so no problem with mags but usable bullet weights are a problem for me. I wish I had bought about 5k of the 90 grain Gold Dots when available.

The 6mm though you can get 55 gr up to 100 gr just right.

Reactions: 95 taco

·
Blessed are the peacemakers
1,215 Posts
I'm shooting the 277 wolverine so no problem with mags but usable bullet weights are a problem for me. I wish I had bought about 5k of the 90 grain Gold Dots when available.

The 6mm though you can get 55 gr up to 100 gr just right.
Yeah, I wish the gold dots were easier to find, hopefully I’ll have some pulled projectiles headed my way pretty soon.

I do like the selection of 6mm’s that I’ve been seeing when bullet shopping for the .243

Reactions: rigrat

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Only had time today for a short 1st test. 10 shots just to semi sight in scope at 50 yards using a piece of junk bipod. Rifle shoots good. Recoil is just like shooting .223. Ammo Hornady Black 105gr BTHP. I think this setup is going to be a keeper. Can't wait to try it a longer yardage. (Disregard blacked out holes-from a .22 pistol)
6arc target2.jpg

Reactions: 95 taco

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice barrel isn't even broke in yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts