Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever hunted with this ammunition? I have been using Federal Fusion on whitetail deer and may consider these.
Wood Font Electric blue Book cover Metal

·
Registered
859 Posts
I have used that exact load on a few deer and hogs when I still had my SKS and Mini-30. Excellent load, better for shorter ranges due to the bullet design. Killed more than a few hogs at 100 yards with it though. I like the Fusion better for expansion and accuracy at range but if you're shooting 70 yards or closer this still will do just fine. It was my #2 go to hunting load when Fusion was not an option. Certainly gets better expansion than most of the typical JSP loads from Wolf, Tula, and etc.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I use wolf 123 sp and 154 sp…they work quite well on deer IMO…again it’s not a 45/70 so not the room for error on shot placement..but that being said I’ve killed a handful throughout the years and I love the shroomage of the 7.62x39 sp

·
Registered
371 Posts
I use hornady sst when hunting with my 7.62x39. I’m down to my last few rounds of steel case and had to buy some of the hornady black. I think it’s the same in a brass case but haven’t shot it yet.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I use a cz527 as well for deer hunting. I use wolf and TulAmmo 154gr sp. never had one run more than 15 yards and most are drt. I can always stick my fist in the hide where it exits. Plenty of blood to trail.
Road surface Wood Flooring Floor Sidewalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts