Mississippi Gun Owners banner

7mm Mauser

3K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  22lrfan 
#1 ·
I was given a 7mm Mauser that has been sporterized. It was a gift from a friend and he did not know much about it. It kicks like a mule and screams like a banshee. I was wondering how to tell where it was made. It has Oneida and 1928 on the receiver. I would like to find a different stock for it and maybe even a kit to convert it to accept a clip.

#4 ·
Oviedo An arsenal in Spain. It is a Model 1893. You should have the headspace checked on it. It is common for Spanish 1893 rifles to have excessive headspace. It could blow the gun up when fired if this is the case. Call me at 601-341-8797, I have the gauges in my shop.

Doug Bowser

#6 ·
7 X 57 Mauser

Back in the day that was famous writer Jack O' Conners wife weapon of choice due to low recoil, and as for power Karamojo Bell killed a lot of elephants with it (shot placement) it is my favorite deer rifle Ruger 77, syn stock, bedded , Timney, 3X12X56 Kahles.... I just acquired a Craig Boddingon Limited Edition Ruger #1 Tropical in same caliber , low recoil and in case you don't know this is the Daddy of the 30-06... this is a great all around choice

#9 ·
live2hunt said:
pulled a 22lrfan, and bought a 7mm mauser 700 mountain rifle for $325 (pawn shop), AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT..... best low recoil deer killer i have, it is a great round
That sounds like a great deal. :thumbup: I don't usually even look at the bolt actions unless it's something like a Rem 788 or an 03.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.