Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Started my 80% Glock 19 build today using a Polymer 80 lower and Glock parts kit. Pretty simple. Basically you drill 3 holes on each side, clip and file down 4 tabs and a u-notch in the recoil spring/guide rod channel. Went together fairly easy, but definitely needs some polishing to smooth it out. My brother bought a Grey Ghost Precision slide to go on his, so I put it on mine to see how it fit. Probably won’t do any polishing or adjusting until I have a slide of my own for it.

The parts kit actually came with an extended slide release and extended mag release, but I prefer the Zev mag release so I’ll change that out later. My brother’s kit had an extremely weak takedown spring, to the point the slide would basically fall right off, so he’s going to get a new one. Might change out the trigger on mine later, but that’s not a priority.

I won a new RMR and Surefire light in an instagram raffle the other day, bought a factory guiderod and spring, and ordered a Surefire Glock 19 barrel made by Zev, so once they come in I’ll be a step closer. I know a light will get me kilt, but I’ll risk it.

01DBA1C4-9717-4C99-848C-A64DD3E4DEB7.jpeg

6854F2B9-FB19-4DD9-84F2-C25EA3094369.jpeg

E08E9297-F3B4-4260-BD9C-5BAD85363427.jpeg

1360C7BC-136C-4A74-A621-D8D40A2EBDC2.jpeg

View attachment 147591
503F3C14-1349-4210-B7AC-E18D50734337.jpeg

And it is Cahill approved:
C580B14D-C96E-4BA2-9E95-EBF4F7623021.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
8,087 Posts
Basically you drill 3 holes on each side, clip and file down 4 tabs and a u-botch in the recoil spring/guide rod channel.
Did you use end cutters, side cutters, or what to clip the tabs?

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,395 Posts
Nice!!!
Dang and I thought I was lucky on there. Your win tops my suppressor and tumbler. And not having to wait a year for it lol.

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice!!!
Dang and I thought I was lucky on there. Your win tops my suppressor and tumbler. And not having to wait a year for it lol.
For the $40 it cost, I’d say I was pretty lucky. I normally don’t gamble though, since I have the worst luck ever. I’d say winning a suppressor is pretty awesome though.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,395 Posts
For the $40 it cost, I’d say I was pretty lucky. I normally don’t gamble though, since I have the worst luck ever. I’d say winning a suppressor is pretty awesome though.
Ah okay gotcha. Yeah mine was for free. Just a like a follow and a repost lol. Just a 22 can. Still had to pay the tax stamp, but still saved $400.

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ve thought about doing one of these but Id have to handle one first.
I hate the gen3 frame. This is a massive improvement, but not really necessary since the gen5 is out now. I have small hands, so it’s a massive improvement over the gen3 frame for me.

It’s like building an AR, you don’t do it to save money, at least not on the front end.

·
Registered
10,564 Posts
I hate the gen3 frame. This is a massive improvement, but not really necessary since the gen5 is out now. I have small hands, so it’s a massive improvement over the gen3 frame for me.

It’s like building an AR, you don’t do it to save money.
I don’t like glock grips, whether it’s a gen3 or even 5, though the lack of finger grooves is an improvement. I think I’d like the 1911 grip angle the polymer 80 has, but I would have to try one first.

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You got me wanting one now.
I posted a link to them the other day in the good deals thread. $90 for the 9mm/40 frames and $100 for the .45/10mm frames. Best price I’d seen on them in a while. If the market had caught up to the .45 I’d have done that, since I already have plenty of mags.

·
Premium Member
14,365 Posts
I posted a link to them the other day in the good deals thread. $90 for the 9mm/40 frames and $100 for the .45/10mm frames. Best price I’d seen on them in a while. If the market had caught up to the .45 I’d have done that, since I already have plenty of mags.
Being pretty much tired of fooling with ARs I’ve been wanting to fool around with one of these.

Reactions: rigrat

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Being pretty much tired of fooling with ARs I’ve been wanting to fool around with one of these.
That’s where I’m at. Look up tactical toolbox on YouTube and Instagram. He’s a total tool, but has done more with the P80s than anyone else I’m aware of. Due to YouTube’s rules he put all the detailed build videos on his personal website.

·
Hiding in plain sight.
2,216 Posts
I keep wanting to do one. Like you mentioned, not to save money (although that would help), but to just build one.

When I find the model on sale again, maybe I will.

Good post Jake!

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I keep wanting to do one. Like you mentioned, not to save money (although that would help), but to just build one.

When I find the model on sale again, maybe I will.

Good post Jake!
Armorally.com has this frame for $100 right now. I got it for $90 from them I believe. You have to add it to the cart to see the price.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
That’s where I’m at. Look up tactical toolbox on YouTube and Instagram. He’s a total tool, but has done more with the P80s than anyone else I’m aware of. Due to YouTube’s rules he put all the detailed build videos on his personal website.
Hahahahaha. This is 1 million % accurate. Sometimes I have to pause the video and walk away from that guy

1 - 20 of 31 Posts