Mississippi Gun Owners banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Why you leave out this one,I did think about this one when shopping
View attachment 279080
I was wondering why the Hi-Point 9mm above wasn't included in the list of carbines. This gun is especially easy on the pocket book at $349. Shop around and you might save some $$. Mine is accurate, haven't had any issue with failure to fire or jams. It is pretty accurate. At 50 yrd, I can keep the rounds within 8-9" circle. At 100 yards it drops off some but still getting some good patterns.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
The Rugers I’ve see have been problematic at matches. That being said it could have been ammo related since a lot of shooters reload on the light side. I have two Sig MPX’s and a Rock River AR9. The Rock River has been very reliable the Sigs take tweeking.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I was wondering why the Hi-Point 9mm above wasn't included in the list of carbines. This gun is especially easy on the pocket book at $349. Shop around and you might save some $$. Mine is accurate, haven't had any issue with failure to fire or jams. It is pretty accurate. At 50 yrd, I can keep the rounds within 8-9" circle. At 100 yards it drops off some but still getting some good patterns.
I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention patterns at 100 yards.

·
Super Moderator
9,037 Posts
That is $100 less than my LGS wants for a Ruger.
For a better rifle, IMO. Lighter, more compact, more reliable, available to take most any kind of magazine you can imagine.

Reactions: scott511

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I bought the Ruger last year, I have shot a ton of my 9mm loads in it, I use Glock and Magpul magazines with no problems, I put a red dot on it after I bought it, the only problem I had read about is the stamped factory extractor causing FTE at about 450-500 rounds, mine started doing it at about 400 rounds, I took it down and removed the factory extractor and replaced the factory one with a milled steel one from M-Carbo in Florida problem fixed, I did call Ruger about the extractor problem and talked to a nice lady she said they knew about the problem and they were working on fixing it, she sent me a new extractor kit and a new Glock mag well, I like the carbine and it’s fun to shoot, those 33 round fun sticks will eat up the ammo.

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
I went with cx-4 because I didn't want another AR platform.Speacking of range,I did walk mine out to the 300 at MRPC but I was aiming at the top of the tree line for the 230gr I was shooting

·
Registered
188 Posts
I loaded up some 135 gr blue bullets and was ringing 6" gongs at 100 yards with my DB9, granted they were a bit on the warm side but using about a 2" hold-over they were dead on.

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,785 Posts
I inherited my dads older Ruger PC-9. The Ruger is a dependable 9mm carbine. It is like a 10/22 except in 9mm. I like the dependability of a Ruger.

Reactions: HerrZnk

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Asking for opinions is like asking for trouble.
Test as many platforms as you can & take the one home that really calls out to you.
I have the Hi-Point, the Kel-Tek Sub 2000, & the AR-9.
Love the accuracy, comfort, price & reliability of the Hi-Point. Trigger, construction materials & magazine capacity $uck.
Kel-Tek uses better materials than Hi-Point, but the construction/assembly $ucks as does accuracy.
AR-9 offers the most versatility for me. I find it the most enjoyable.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Asking for opinions is like asking for trouble.
Test as many platforms as you can & take the one home that really calls out to you.
I have the Hi-Point, the Kel-Tek Sub 2000, & the AR-9.
Love the accuracy, comfort, price & reliability of the Hi-Point. Trigger, construction materials & magazine capacity $uck.
Kel-Tek uses better materials than Hi-Point, but the construction/assembly $ucks as does accuracy.
AR-9 offers the most versatility for me. I find it the most enjoyable.
The accuracy of my s2k is great

·
Registered
25 Posts
I recently acquired a S2K and have no complaints. I had some 9mm cast that I had coated and some straight cast that werent wanting to feed in my pistols, this thing eats them like candy. Its proven to be accurate enough for its intended purpose, I'm going to mount a red dot on it up high so I dont have to get my fat head so far down on the tube , other than that I see no need to modify it further. By the way, Amendment 2 mags are terrible. It cracked down the spine after about 3 magazines through . Buy Glock mags and forget about them.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
11,514 Posts
I recently acquired a S2K and have no complaints. I had some 9mm cast that I had coated and some straight cast that werent wanting to feed in my pistols, this thing eats them like candy. Its proven to be accurate enough for its intended purpose, I'm going to mount a red dot on it up high so I dont have to get my fat head so far down on the tube , other than that I see no need to modify it further. By the way, Amendment 2 mags are terrible. It cracked down the spine after about 3 magazines through . Buy Glock mags and forget about them.
but then can’t fold it like it’s intended purpose. Unless get fancy flippy mount/hand guard

41 - 60 of 69 Posts