Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a little help with this. I first started with a magazine full of reloads just to see if I could manually rack them all till empty. That lasted to the second round. They all hang at about .187 on LRN and .118 on factory JHP. The chamber measures about .375 and then there's another step down to around .285.
Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Finger Material property

Wood Bicycle part Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory Gas

Hand Camera lens Fluid Finger Lens

Finger Cylinder Gas Nickel Auto part

Wood Gauge Measuring instrument Font Clock

Motor vehicle Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

Wood Office equipment Automotive exterior Automotive design Auto part

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind. Figured it out. Apparently, this gun was disabled by LE as evidence, or it was modified to shoot a weird ass necked case. I'm gonna go with disabled by LE. I decided it was worthless anyway, so I grabbed my easy out and hit it with about 1/8 turn and it came out. CRAZY! I should have let the damn pawn shop keep it for another month and let someone return it. Then I would have gotten an even better deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@DEADEYE 1 thanks man. I never bought from a pawn shop before. Today was almost my first and last time.

Reactions: 22lrfan

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you do wish to keep it there are plenty of barrels on the market, even from Beretta.
A lot of pawn shops, I have noticed, have many Beretta parts and magazines that uh, came home from Camp Shelby, Keesler, etc. ;) I picked up a good number of magazines cheap in McComb last year, less than 1/3 of what Beretta wants online for their own "factory" (=MecGar) magazines. They all were made under government contract, have the NSN and mfg. name on them and are well-used but they all function 100%, which is all that matters to me.
I think the barrel is fine. The chamber didn't get marred by me getting the insert out. The rifling could probably be in better shape (a little rust in grooves even after aggressive cleaning), but the rest of the pistol appears barely used. I've never owned or fired a Beretta, so I didn't know that what I was looking at in the barrel didn't belong there.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
@RONIN79 and @HerrZnk I took it to my bro-in-laws yesterday and traded him a mag worth of target practice of this pistol and a few .458 SOCOM rounds (that I needed to chrono I've been loading for a friend) for a steak. I normally would say I got the better end of the deal since his steaks are divine, but he was smiling so big I nearly had to hit 'em with a shovel to knock the smile off his face. We ran about 100rds. through it that I loaded the night before and it didn't hiccup one bit!! I stood there asking myself why did I wait so long to grab a Beretta? When I got back home I decided to get more ammo loaded for it. Turns out, when I loaded the 100rds we shot, the powder measure must have gotten off by .6gr. My first drop when I got home was 4.7 WIN231 behind a 115gr HP WIN component bullet... It didn't seem too hot when we were blasting away (SOBER). I payed better attention with the next 100 and kept it at 4.0gr WIN231 behind some old Midway (Rainier) copper coated 115 HP's. Can't wait to see how they do. As far as the insert, I've got no idea about where it came from, but I'm really glad I worked through the issue and was able to try the pistol out. It is a seriously fine shooter. I love it! Now I know why Cliff always had a hard-on for Berettas.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Wonder what round was necked down to..?
Well. It wasn't really contoured good enough at what might have been a neck to perform very good. ID of biggest section is .317 . I guess a .32 mighta worked at least once.
Vehicle registration plate Automotive tire Plant Wood Motor vehicle

Reactions: RONIN79

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I wish I could figure out what the numbers carved in it mean. Then I could probably get to the bottom of it. Might take me years, but I'm gonna figure it out for all of us.

Reactions: RONIN79

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
It looks like a .32 auto would chamber. The case would bottom out at the leading edge of the insert.
Cosmetics Finger Material property Lipstick Nail

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Could it be something that makes it only work with 9mm blanks?

@Rommerdale Nice ring! Very cool.
I think we sort of concluded it was to allow the firing of .32 auto. If I hadn't burred it up so bad with the ez-out I might consider putting it back in there to test the theory.

I had to go look a the pic again to see what in the world you meant by ring! Thanks Man! Yeah, a year or so before we got married, I showed that to my wife and said if I get married again, that's the ring I want. It's been a good one (8yrs old). Within a few months after getting it, I decided one of the gears was more loose than the others. I decided to tighten it and come to find out, they ain't supposed to be tightened. The inside of the ring is finished after the gears are put on, so there is no noticeable screws on the finger side. One tiny twist of the screw and that gear was done for. I'm thinking on getting another so I can send this one back for repair. I don't leave the house without my wedding band and I don't plan on staying home while it gets fixed, lol.
Natural material Finger Pre-engagement ring Wedding ceremony supply Material property

Reactions: Subsonix and 1010
1 - 11 of 11 Posts