Mississippi Gun Owners banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
7,345 Posts
I miss Cliffs posts too. Thank you sir. I am hoping mine just needed a good cleaning. I tell everyone that just starts shooting a semi auto to try to lock the wrist. But we never know with nerve damage in both hands and wrists plus arthritis, we never know when a limp wrist might appear. Maybe the dumbbells will help that. Mine is plenty accurate. Just talking on this thread makes me want to go shoot a box. Good idea on the 124 grain.I am going to check my ammo closet. And thanks for posting, I have been trying to. help keep this section going, not because I know more , but because we have lost some of our older friends and masters of the art. Thank you.

Reactions: 1010 and maxhush

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
@RONIN79 and @HerrZnk I took it to my bro-in-laws yesterday and traded him a mag worth of target practice of this pistol and a few .458 SOCOM rounds (that I needed to chrono I've been loading for a friend) for a steak. I normally would say I got the better end of the deal since his steaks are divine, but he was smiling so big I nearly had to hit 'em with a shovel to knock the smile off his face. We ran about 100rds. through it that I loaded the night before and it didn't hiccup one bit!! I stood there asking myself why did I wait so long to grab a Beretta? When I got back home I decided to get more ammo loaded for it. Turns out, when I loaded the 100rds we shot, the powder measure must have gotten off by .6gr. My first drop when I got home was 4.7 WIN231 behind a 115gr HP WIN component bullet... It didn't seem too hot when we were blasting away (SOBER). I payed better attention with the next 100 and kept it at 4.0gr WIN231 behind some old Midway (Rainier) copper coated 115 HP's. Can't wait to see how they do. As far as the insert, I've got no idea about where it came from, but I'm really glad I worked through the issue and was able to try the pistol out. It is a seriously fine shooter. I love it! Now I know why Cliff always had a hard-on for Berettas.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
@RONIN79 and @HerrZnk I took it to my bro-in-laws yesterday and traded him a mag worth of target practice of this pistol and a few .458 SOCOM rounds (that I needed to chrono I've been loading for a friend) for a steak. I normally would say I got the better end of the deal since his steaks are divine, but he was smiling so big I nearly had to hit 'em with a shovel to knock the smile off his face. We ran about 100rds. through it that I loaded the night before and it didn't hiccup one bit!! I stood there asking myself why did I wait so long to grab a Beretta? When I got back home I decided to get more ammo loaded for it. Turns out, when I loaded the 100rds we shot, the powder measure must have gotten off by .6gr. My first drop when I got home was 4.7 WIN231 behind a 115gr HP WIN component bullet... It didn't seem too hot when we were blasting away (SOBER). I payed better attention with the next 100 and kept it at 4.0gr WIN231 behind some old Midway (Rainier) copper coated 115 HP's. Can't wait to see how they do. As far as the insert, I've got no idea about where it came from, but I'm really glad I worked through the issue and was able to try the pistol out. It is a seriously fine shooter. I love it! Now I know why Cliff always had a hard-on for Berettas.
Beretta master race..🤣 yeah they shoot so well and accurate as hell to boot..

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Wonder what round was necked down to..?
Well. It wasn't really contoured good enough at what might have been a neck to perform very good. ID of biggest section is .317 . I guess a .32 mighta worked at least once.
Vehicle registration plate Automotive tire Plant Wood Motor vehicle

Reactions: RONIN79

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
7,345 Posts
I bet they had a bunch of ammo in 30 Luger and put that ring in so they could shoot the ammo .Probably will never see that again.

Reactions: Rommerdale

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I wish I could figure out what the numbers carved in it mean. Then I could probably get to the bottom of it. Might take me years, but I'm gonna figure it out for all of us.

Reactions: RONIN79

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
That was my thought as well. Which would lead to 2 questions: Who did it? Why?
Well, I can't speak on behalf of others. But during the heights of the pandemic panic buying and even in past panic buys, calibers like .30 Luger were readily available online and at some local areas. In a moment of wanting to have something to shoot or keep for defensive needs, I can see it being an option and at one time considered buying a used G19 Gen 3 to convert with a Barsto Barrel for one. However the recoil spring would need to be lighter in a Glock to function properly.

But also like @DEADEYE 1 said, probably had a lot laying around already. Who knows?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
It looks like a .32 auto would chamber. The case would bottom out at the leading edge of the insert.
Cosmetics Finger Material property Lipstick Nail

21 - 40 of 43 Posts