Mississippi Gun Owners banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Could it be something that makes it only work with 9mm blanks?

@Rommerdale Nice ring! Very cool.
I think we sort of concluded it was to allow the firing of .32 auto. If I hadn't burred it up so bad with the ez-out I might consider putting it back in there to test the theory.

I had to go look a the pic again to see what in the world you meant by ring! Thanks Man! Yeah, a year or so before we got married, I showed that to my wife and said if I get married again, that's the ring I want. It's been a good one (8yrs old). Within a few months after getting it, I decided one of the gears was more loose than the others. I decided to tighten it and come to find out, they ain't supposed to be tightened. The inside of the ring is finished after the gears are put on, so there is no noticeable screws on the finger side. One tiny twist of the screw and that gear was done for. I'm thinking on getting another so I can send this one back for repair. I don't leave the house without my wedding band and I don't plan on staying home while it gets fixed, lol.
Natural material Finger Pre-engagement ring Wedding ceremony supply Material property

Reactions: Subsonix and 1010

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Looks to me that that barrel was set up for 9mm sim ammo the adapter ring makes sure you can not chamber a live 9mm.
I think I'll heed the advise of @HerrZnk and buy another barrel. This one's lands and groo es are STILL rusty after MUCH cleaning. Mind you, this mother was still super -MOA at 25 yards, The tear-down of a Beretta has me SOLD like a kid with unlimited kool-aid! This should have posted last night, but just as well that it didn't.

Update! While searching for a new barrel, I think I found my culprit! One of the parts of this gun is a recoil spring guide rod washer. Well, apparently it somehow (before me) got lodged into the chamber and the rest is history. I'll double check the theory when I get home and see if it fits my guide rod, which I'm positive does not already have one. Good Grief!! It's no wonder that nobody could help me with the answer. It was never intended to be in there.
Light Font Automotive tire Rectangle Technology

·
Registered
9,238 Posts
I think I'll heed the advise of @HerrZnk and buy another barrel. This one's lands and groo es are STILL rusty after MUCH cleaning. Mind you, this mother was still super -MOA at 25 yards, The tear-down of a Beretta has me SOLD like a kid with unlimited kool-aid! This should have posted last night, but just as well that it didn't.

Update! While searching for a new barrel, I think I found my culprit! One of the parts of this gun is a recoil spring guide rod washer. Well, apparently it somehow (before me) got lodged into the chamber and the rest is history. I'll double check the theory when I get home and see if it fits my guide rod, which I'm positive does not already have one. Good Grief!! It's no wonder that nobody could help me with the answer. It was never intended to be in there.
View attachment 308908
Never heard of such! Where was it???

·
Registered
9,238 Posts

View attachment 308908
If it was on the guide rod, how in the h*ll did it get into the barrel/chamber? The 2 parts are so separate on the 92 series / M9 series, I do not understand.
As an aside I ordered a stainless recoil spring guide rod from Beretta several months ago, for 2 reasons. (1) I won't worry about it breaking like the original plastic guide rod, (2) it adds a bit of weight to the front of the pistol, which makes it a bit more stable for me. It came with a new recoil spring as well.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
@HerrZnk Thanks for the info. I'm going to order one as well. Hunting that little plastic cap is annoying. Something else I noticed is that the gun apparently ships with a rail cover to prevent the rail from snagging on clothes/holsters. Does yours have that and is it useful?

I guess someone disassembled and it somehow got in there.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts