Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a box of Winchester 9mm NATO. Are they basically the same as regular 9mm hardball? Do I need to take them back and exchange?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Magnum man said:
I just bought a box of Winchester 9mm NATO. Are they basically the same as regular 9mm hardball? Do I need to take them back and exchange?
I believe originally it was called "9mm Parabellum", sometimes 9 X 19, when NATO adopted it for sidearms, they started calling it "NATO".

If I'm wrong, it will draw out some remarks from the guys here, most of whom know a lot more than I do.

(See, but I know sneaky stuff they don't!!)

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
YOu dont need to take it back. It will work in your gun..it is just 9x19 ammo loaded to nato specs. Mean it will be just alittle hotter than normal.

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
You should have no problem at all using he ammo!

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Magnumman, STOP!

Do not attempt to shoot those loads in your firearm. Send them directly to my testing facility. They may be fualty. I should only need to test about 1500 or so rounds to make my decision. :j/k: :rotflmao:

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
bigsig said:
Magnumman, STOP!

Do not attempt to shoot those loads in your firearm. Send them directly to my testing facility. They may be fualty. I should only need to test about 1500 or so rounds to make my decision. :j/k: :rotflmao:
BigSig -- I don't want you having to expose yourself to all that danger. You are needed to coordinate the M&G. In that I want to help you in any way possible, just have them sent to me for proper disposal!! :lol4:

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
They are fine....

Ya'll sure are getting "jacked up" over a box of 9 mil :lol3:

Man things really are getting bad on the ammo front....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts