Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gents. I am working on my first lower build. I have an A-2 stock I got from Randy. It's all there, but no castle nut.....does this stock even take a castle nut on the tube ?
thanks (the lower from PSA)

·
Premium Member
3,262 Posts
It's no good...give it to me cause I need an A2 stock for a varmint gun build.

Sorry, can't answer your question but I will pay attention to the answers since I'll need to know when you give it to me:lol2:

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that info...does one use any locktite on the stock threads anywhere or on any of the pins in the lower assembly ?

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,359 Posts
Thanks for that info...does one use any locktite on the stock threads anywhere or on any of the pins in the lower assembly ?
I've never used any. Just snug up real tight by hand/armorers tool. No real place to use it on pins. I use anti rotation trigger/hammer pins anyway. Only place I use loctite/rockset is the muzzle device.

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you gents for that info. I know about the muzzle devices coming unscrewed ! (even a little).
I am still waiting for my stripped lower and parts kit. Building a rifle and using the stock I got from Randy on the Glock/Mini 14 trade. I plan on an 18" barrel if I can find one in a completed upper. Lightweight, I think. Looking for a good deal.
Pete

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
21,115 Posts
Thank you gents for that info. I know about the muzzle devices coming unscrewed ! (even a little).
I am still waiting for my stripped lower and parts kit. Building a rifle and using the stock I got from Randy on the Glock/Mini 14 trade. I plan on an 18" barrel if I can find one in a completed upper. Lightweight, I think. Looking for a good deal.
Pete
Look at MAS Defense, they have some good deals on 18 uppers.
If you don't mind assembling the upper they got one for $165
AR-15 18'' .223 WYLDE BARRELED UPPER BUILD KIT - NOT ASSEMBLED

Reactions: Blondie70
1 - 10 of 10 Posts