Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks all for the very warm welcome in the new members forum. I've browsed around and really like this site so far.

Anyway, I'm a knifemaker from Grenada, MS, and I wanted to show you some of the knives I've made. All comments, questions, critiques are welcome!

For others I've made, please check out my website at: http://www.tobinsmithblades.com

Here we go...
















If anyone is interested in pricing, please message me.

Thanks for looking at my work!
Tobin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,208 Posts
Nice, I like those small skinners.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
hey Tobin welcome we can always use another steel dust junkie around here. How long you been making blades, what do you mainly use, forged or stock removal?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for all the nice comments.

e.martin said:
hey Tobin welcome we can always use another steel dust junkie around here. How long you been making blades, what do you mainly use, forged or stock removal?
I've been making knives seriously for a little over three years now. It's an absolute obsession, I tell ya! The majority of my knives are stock removal, but I'm moving more towards the forging... I've got my propane forge ready to go, just have to add on a cover to my shed to set up the forging area.

Good to be here!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,622 Posts
Welcome. We got some fine knife makers on the forum and it looks like we added one. Nice looking, I'll check your website. We got some knife fanatics (myself included) too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
tobinsmith said:
Thanks guys for all the nice comments.

e.martin said:
hey Tobin welcome we can always use another steel dust junkie around here. How long you been making blades, what do you mainly use, forged or stock removal?
I've been making knives seriously for a little over three years now. It's an absolute obsession, I tell ya! The majority of my knives are stock removal, but I'm moving more towards the forging... I've got my propane forge ready to go, just have to add on a cover to my shed to set up the forging area.

Good to be here!
i have been making knives for about three years also, obsession is a understatement its all I think about, I also do both, I went to the ABS's bladesmith school back in Oct. if your interested at all in forging you need to go! Two weeks of swinging a hammer and grinding with people who you have always heard about it. I made 20 blades forged, ground, and HT'ed in two weeks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
How's it going, another maker here. That chopper looks good. Check out bladesports.org, E.martin and I are both cutters. Need to get you to the house and try that thing out.
Good looking blades.
3 Years and made a dagger. Those things still scare me, LOL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
e.martin said:
tobinsmith said:
Thanks guys for all the nice comments.

e.martin said:
hey Tobin welcome we can always use another steel dust junkie around here. How long you been making blades, what do you mainly use, forged or stock removal?
I've been making knives seriously for a little over three years now. It's an absolute obsession, I tell ya! The majority of my knives are stock removal, but I'm moving more towards the forging... I've got my propane forge ready to go, just have to add on a cover to my shed to set up the forging area.

Good to be here!
i have been making knives for about three years also, obsession is a understatement its all I think about, I also do both, I went to the ABS's bladesmith school back in Oct. if your interested at all in forging you need to go! Two weeks of swinging a hammer and grinding with people who you have always heard about it. I made 20 blades forged, ground, and HT'ed in two weeks
I looked at the ABS school, but I just haven't found the time for that, yet. Yeah, obsession may not be strong enough a word for it. I sometimes think about making knives when I shouldn't :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dphillips said:
How's it going, another maker here. That chopper looks good. Check out bladesports.org, E.martin and I are both cutters. Need to get you to the house and try that thing out.
Good looking blades.
3 Years and made a dagger. Those things still scare me, LOL.
Hey, Donovan, I looked at the bladesports site and found your picture. I was standing beside you for a time this past February at Terry Vendeventer's hammer-in, I believe! It was while I was watching the guy (Samurai Bill, maybe?) doing some forging inside the shed.

Thanks for the compliment on the chopper. It's now sold, but I'm in the process of making it's brother, so I'll be ready to hack on some stuff before long.

Thanks for the nice welcome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
tobinsmith said:
dphillips said:
How's it going, another maker here. That chopper looks good. Check out bladesports.org, E.martin and I are both cutters. Need to get you to the house and try that thing out.
Good looking blades.
3 Years and made a dagger. Those things still scare me, LOL.
Hey, Donovan, I looked at the bladesports site and found your picture. I was standing beside you for a time this past February at Terry Vendeventer's hammer-in, I believe! It was while I was watching the guy (Samurai Bill, maybe?) doing some forging inside the shed.

Thanks for the compliment on the chopper. It's now sold, but I'm in the process of making it's brother, so I'll be ready to hack on some stuff before long.

Thanks for the nice welcome.
come on! we can sure tear some stuff up
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top