close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A RARE FIND

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by DEADEYE 1, May 1, 2016.

1. DEADEYE 1

DEADEYE 1 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I am still excited about what I found yesterday. I bought for my collection a Colt Police Positive nickle finish 38 special in 95% plus condition. I got it from a friend of mine that is a dealer but he does not collect and I got it at a very reasonable price.
    It looks so good that I wonder if it has been factory refurbished. I hope to learn how to post pictures in the near future. No it ain,t fer sale.

2. 22lrfan

22lrfan Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Sounds nice. Looking forward to the pics.

Jarhead5811 likes this.

3. stewbaby

stewbaby Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

...I thought this was going to be about honest politician...

4. Blondie70

Blondie70 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

5. DEADEYE 1

Mabey I will learn how to post pictures before a honest politician is found. Finding a honest politician is like being able to see the wind. We see the effects of the wind but it is invisible and changes directions from day to day. MM.

Mesquite, mascott and 22lrfan like this.
  6. Vick

Vick Distinguished Poster

Deadeye, posting photos here has gotten really easy:

1. Take a photo and save it somewhere on your computer (I use "My Pictures")
    2. Go to the reply box at the bottom of the thread and click "upload a file"
    3. Click on "Browse" and find the area you used to store the photo
    4. Click on the photo and then click "open"
    5. The photo will appear at the bottom of the reply box as "thumbnail" or "full" size
    6. Click the "full size" option and the photo will magically appear in the reply box
    7. Write any comments you want and click "Post Reply"

DONE!

7. Cliff731

Cliff731 Danged ole' Hermit...

Vick... that's awfully complicated... I can make this ordeal a whole lot easier... [​IMG]
    All Deadeye has to do is send that Colt wheel gun to me and I'll take care of those pics for him!!! :yeah:

DEADEYE 1, patchz, phillipd and 4 others like this.
  8. Vick

Vick Distinguished Poster

Well, that would be easier.... :rolleyes:

9. CajunBP

CajunBP Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Sounds fair to me!

Cliff731 and phillipd like this.
  10. DEADEYE 1

That sounds like a Mississippi trade story. I am such a computer knucklehead. When I got my 1st computer in 1999, my son showed me how to turn it on and get online. The rest I have figured out and my brain is not made for figuring new stuff out. My son and Mom bought me a new HP computer and it is years ahead of anything I have used thus far. It does have a pictures place on the screen when I turn it on. If I don,t get it in the next few days, I am going to get my Son to come down and show me. Thank you for the information, that is more than I knew. I have a cell phone that takes pictures but I have never used the camera.
    I might embellish a deer hunting story a little bit, how wide the rack is, but you will see, if you like Colt hand guns, I have some in my collection that will make you look the other way if Miss Mississippi walks in the room.
    When I get the camera going, remind me if I forget and I will show you an unfired Colt 22/ 22 magnum in the box from the 70s that was in my Dad,s collection. Thanks for reminding me cause I got that OLD FARTS DISEASE.

11. Cliff731

I sure like the way you two guys think!!! [​IMG]

12. Cliff731

Deadeye... If I were closer to Clarke County (and I used to be once upon a time)... I would gladly stop by and show you how to do all that picture taking and getting 'em uploaded and posted into a forum thread... easy peasy too... :)

And I'm an old fart also... (who just happens to love old Colts)... ;)

13. maxhush

maxhush Distinguished Poster

NW MS
    [​IMG]

DEADEYE 1, patchz, Cliff731 and 2 others like this.
  14. DEADEYE 1

Seek and ye shall find Sometimes you find something that you wish you hadn,t. Well there you go, the
    CAT is out of the bag and taking pictures.:wut:

15. patchz

patchz Court Jester

If that was an older camera he would still be in the bag. :rolleyes:

DEADEYE 1, maxhush, mascott and 2 others like this.