Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ahhh... I sure miss the old "Gun News". Great old newspaper type format. There were always some great deals!

·
Registered
707 Posts
I want 5 of the 10 gauges, a dozen garands, 20 M1 Carbines, and 30 of the Marlins. 3,000 rounds for each rifle as were at it!

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
10,794 Posts
My daddy ordered a 12-gauge Ted Williams pump shotgun from Sears and it was delivered by the US Post Office mail carrier to our house out in the sticks.

That was probably around 1951.

That was back when the US was a free country, the Constitution was honored, and big companies were not run by one-world communists.

·
Chief cook and bottle washer
3,676 Posts
A guy I know, his Dad (raised out beyond the sticks) ordered a .22 back in the late 30's early 40's, it was delivered in 2 parts the barrel/bolt came in first,the stock/trigger didn't come in at that time. Never understood why it wasn't put together.
He took a piece of metal and somehow made a tab to act as a trigger,told me he got to where he could hit squirrels and small game on a regular basis. A couple of years later the stock and trigger came in, it had been sitting in some post office all that time. Said he put it together but couldn't shoot it like the barrel only version because he had gotten used to the setup he made.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My Father has a M1 Garland that he had to qualify to order through the CMP many many years ago. It was shipped USPS and no forms were needed. He picked it up at the old Madison post office by the original water tower in historic downtown Madison. He opened it up in the post office and he and the post master looked it over and cycled it a few times while in the post office. Turns out he got a nice NM Garand and is a fine shooting one at that. It’s the one firearm he owns that I have told him must come back to me.

·
Premium Member
10,459 Posts
This gem is from circa 1963 and was the golden age of military surplus rifles. The good old days when you could order your guns in the mail from the ad in your favorite magazine. My how times have changed.
View attachment 258280
🤣🤣, Course, between my odd earnings stacking hay, a $ or so mowing yards & my paper route; I could've bought that marlin in about yr or so,😏 at that time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts