Addiction Continues

Discussion in 'Rimfire' started by Southern Reloading, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Southern Reloading

Southern Reloading Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Well the GBA (Guy Buying Anonymous) classes aren't working!! Picked up this sweet Marlin 1897 yesterday! Made in 1902 and in great shape! Lever action, octagon barrel in I would say around 80-85% Wood is very good! Here are a couple pics. I will take some more on Wednesday and hopefully they will be better. gun1.jpg gun2.jpg gun3.jpg gun4.jpg

2. TwangBanger

TwangBanger Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Nice, brother. Looks like you're at the club. You know you could've called me to come help you shoot it.

fordpkup and rigrat like this.

3. 94LEVERFAN

94LEVERFAN Distinguished Poster

Dammit boy, that is nice. Congrats!

Southshorerob and rigrat like this.
  4. Southern Reloading

Dang Twang am I supposed to shoot it!! That's what 22lr said! I might one day!!

CajunBP, fordpkup, 22lrfan and 3 others like this.
  5. blkout

blkout Distinguished Poster

There is no way i would have let that one get by me either, sweet little rifle.

rigrat likes this.
  6. cs700

cs700 Distinguished Poster

If I can't shoot it then I don't want it. .22's are made to shoot not fondle.
    :lol3:

45flattop, granjack, HotRod61 and 3 others like this.
  7. Southern Reloading

Well Cs I may get around to it. I'll have to bring a truck load of them out one day and start shooting a few. Twang will come, maybe shrek, Cajun, bas an Bobcat and anyone else who wants to spend the next day cleaning them!!!!

8. cs700

cs700 Distinguished Poster

Cleaning a .22 will screw up the way it shoots. :D

Southshorerob and BasMstr like this.
  9. TwangBanger

TwangBanger Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Need to set those critters back up at CRPC

CajunBP likes this.
  10. Jeff700

Jeff700 Distinguished Poster

North MS
    Nice looking rifle...can't tell much about the steel, but the wood looks outstanding!

11. Southern Reloading

I hear you Twang!! Skeet season is over for the most part the first week of October. I will be happy to come straight from work and get the critters out and set them up!!! Thant's a plan!!!

Jeff the wood is very good. The metal for 115 years old is in good shape as well I'll have better pics Wed.

22lrfan likes this.
  12. CajunBP

CajunBP Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I have a feeling Southern Reloading will never earn his Gun Buyers Anonymous coin! Nice snag by the way!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    Cliff731, BasMstr, mascott and 6 others like this.
  13. turkeytown

turkeytown Distinguished Poster

My, my, my... that is nice, I think you want to shoot standard out of that one, none of that high power stuff. Congrats!!

22lrfan likes this.
  14. Southern Reloading

15. Southern Reloading

Well yet again!!! It's Frodo's fault! No wait he's been out a while. Well maybe shrek or Cajun, even could be Bas!! All I know is it ain't my fault!! But I brought home my first gun off of Armslist! Great guy knows most at Magnolia or at least the old guys!! A Savage Model 4C. Yep 22 if you can imagine that!! savage1.jpg savage2.jpg

Cliff731, 22lrfan, BasMstr and 5 others like this.
  16. CajunBP

CajunBP Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Wow! Your addiction is taking you from MSGO down to Armslist...you may need an intervention.

17. fordpkup

fordpkup Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I'll have to buy Shelia some shoes or bling bling. She has stated that I have enough guns.
    :lol1:

18. Southern Reloading

Heck ford I got 3 scattered around the state I ain't even seen yet!!! Linda just shakes her head and asks "is that another one"!!!

19. fordpkup

fordpkup Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

You're ahead of me. I had two, once.

20. Jedman7

Jedman7 Full Poster

I know this is an older thread, but I just saw it and I must say that is one FINE LOOKING RIFLE!!!